Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Are you serious?

So as promised I will update you on some of the changes in my life since I stopped blogging. I figured I would start with the biggest and most important change.. Vince and I starting our family.

Like you know, I am pregnant and due at the end of April. (technically my due date is April 29th, but after some of my more recent appointments the Dr said she thought that might be a week off.. so now they are saying somewhere between the 22nd-29th). Which makes me around 30 weeks. (Oh. My. Gosh. Just the thought that my little one will be here in about 10 weeks is CRAZY! and oh so exciting! :) )

I won't explain everything, because that would be WAY too long.. but I do want to do a quick recap of some of the more important moments.

I will start with one of the best and most exciting moments... finding out I was pregnant :)


I had briefly mentioned when I was blogging awhile ago that Vince and I wanted to start trying to have kids. I didn't go into too many details because it was something I really wanted to keep private at the time. It wasn't the easiest thing for us, it was actually kind of stressful. We tried for 8 months with no success. (Which I know is NOTHING compared to what some people have to go through, but even just those 8 months of constant disappointment was hard.) I talked to my Dr before we even started trying and she suggested using the ovulation kits and the thermometers and all of that fun stuff. So after 8 months of nothing I talked to her again and she said that I should take a few months off of trying and then maybe after the first of the year we could look into having some tests ran just to make sure there weren't any issues. That was in the beginning on July. So we stopped trying and planning (and stressing about it) and then just like that it finally happened. On Monday August 23rd I found out I was pregnant.


I wasn't even planning on taking a test that month. Typically the months before I would take a test 5 days before I even missed my period to see if I was pregnant, but this time I was trying to not even think about it.

Well on Monday while I was at work I realized I was a few days late (which wasn't the first time that had happened so I wasn't getting too excited yet), but I did go right after work and buy a pregnancy test. I took the test and left it in the bathroom and actually ended up forgetting it was even there for like an hour. Then as soon as I remembered I ran back in and saw the 2 lines (which meant it was positive) on the screen. I stood there and just looked at it for a minute and then decided that it had to be wrong since I let it sit too long so I had to take another one. Long story short after 4 (yes four) tests all showing the same results I finally let myself get excited.

I ran out to the store and bought a bib that said "I love my Daddy" and stuck it in the top of my bag. Shortly after Vince got home I was sitting on the couch and he got up to get a drink and I asked him to get something out of my bag for me... he pulled out the bid, read it and just turned to me and said "are you serious?". I didn't say anything, but nodded my head yes and waited for him to let it sink in. Within seconds he was lifting me off the couch in a big hug. To say it was one of the best moments of our relationship would be an extreme understatement ;)

Now some of you may notice that I said I found out in August and I quit blogging in September.. so why didn't I mention it? Well we decided to wait awhile before telling anyone other than our parents. We didn't even tell siblings or grandparents until I was further along. But since I knew his mom (who couldn't wait for me to get pregnant) would be over the moon excited, we did want to at least tell both of our parents right away. I called my mom first (since she doesn't live here) and we cried together haha.. and then later that night we gave Vince's mom this picture frame as a way of telling her.


I took the picture with my old phone so it's blurry, but it says " we are expanding our home by 2 ft, additions to be completed in April 2011". We figured it was the perfect fit since we were in the process of building a home at the time haha. We told her we would put an actual picture in it as soon as the baby was here :)

SO anyways that was the story of how this all happened. Obviously a LOT has gone on during these past 7 plus months of being pregnant and I don't want to bore you with all of the details..  but I will do a very quick recap of some of the big things in a post soon!

Hope you all are having a good week so far. This week is kind of busy for me, but I will try to post some more later on in the week! :)

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

so cute! i love it!.. now all we need is a preggo picture :) welcome back!

Unknown said...

so we found out on the same day?? how wierd is that?! maybe we'll be in the hospital on the same day :)

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

Aww congrats!!! We missed you and Im glad your back!!! Love your story!!

angela.kolachny said...

yeaaaaa!!! this makes me so happy:o) I didn't know you did that for vince, how sweet!

Kate Neal said...

This is so sweet it made me laugh (how you forgot about the test for an hour) and so, so, excited for you both. You will be such great parents. Thinking of Vince with a little girl is just adorable...She will have him wrapped around her little finger!