Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Random Bits and Pieces

I'm tired today. For no real reason to be honest, just tired. Kaylee is FINALLY starting to sleep better. Out of the past 10 days she has slept through the night (about 10-11 hours) 7 nights. The other nights she has gotten up once. Compared to what she was doing the past 4 months this has been SUCH an improvement. It is so nice for Vince and I to actually be getting some sleep again. (now I am just praying that I didn't jinx this by saying something)

*****
Last Monday I put in my 2 weeks notice at work. Totally random, I know. I wasn't planning on it. I honestly wasn't even out looking for a new job, it just kind of fell into my lap.

It's kind of a long story, but basically I got offered a position to work as an office manager for a company I used to work for during breaks while I was in college. It's corporate run medical practice. They currently own 9 offices and are in the process of acquiring a couple new ones. One of their current managers left unexpectedly so my old boss contacted me about the position. I will be training for a few months before running one of the offices. I am really excited about it. The office is still very close to home and the hours are about the same. I will actually get home a little earlier every day which will be nice. Also once I am done with training it will be a pretty significant (to me at least) pay raise, which is one of the main reasons I couldn't pass the job up.

So, even though I am a little sad about leaving some of the people I work with now, I am really looking forward to this new opportunity. I start on March 1st so this will be my last week at my current job and then I will have a few days off between to relax and spend time with my baby girl.

*****
This weekend Vince and I got so much stuff done around the house. We cleaned top to bottom. Like really cleaned. Cleaned the baseboards, shampooed the carpets, organized closests, put away old baby stuff that K doesn't need anymore, etc. We finally hung a new picture in Kaylee's room that I had bought about 6 weeks ago and has been leaning against her changing table ever since and put up some pictures in our room that have been there since we moved in SIX months ago. 

It felt good to get it all done. Now I just need to get the motivation to paint all 3 of our bathrooms. Maybe I will try to get at least one done on one of my days off next week. Maybe 

*****

We signed Kaylee up for swim lessons. She starts next Saturday and I can't wait! She loves bath time and is constantly bending over and dunking her head under the water so I am really hoping that she will enjoy actually being in a pool.

I am however not looking forward to putting on a bathing suit. I am WAY too pale for that right now. Also, I only have bikinis. I don't own a single one piece or tankini and I think I would feel odd wearing a little bikini to an infant swim lesson. So I guess that means I will have to go bathing suit shopping, which I hate, sometime before next weekend.

*****

Speaking of bathing suits. I have not lost as much weight as I want yet, but I am working on it. So far I have lost 7lbs. Which I am happy about, but I just can't seem to lose anymore right now. I am going to try to start spending more time working out and see if that will help some.

*****

Ok that's really all I have got for right now. Now back to work (which by the way it is very hard to stay motivated when I know I am leaving in a few days).

3 comments:

Kelly said...

First off, congrats about the new job! And isn't nice to get the house all cleaned up? We go on cleaning tangents like that in our house too ;-) Keep up the good work with your diet! 7 pounds is a great loss. I'm sososo pale too, so I'm getting a spray tan tomorrow night (yuck) but I suppose it's for a good reason-- leaving for Mexico on Thursday! :-)

SEL said...

Yay for progress! And congrats on the new job! That's so exciting!!

Marian said...

Congrats on the new gig! How exciting!