Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Simple Valentine's Day

This is my 12th Valentine's Day with Vince. Yes, twelve. But this is my FIRST year not getting him a gift.

We decided a couple weeks ago that since there was nothing either of us wanted or needed this year, it kind of seemed like a waste of money to get anything. So we agreed to not do gifts, we said not even cards this year.

Well of course last night on my way home from work I started feeling bad that I hadn't done anything so I at least stopped and picked up his favorite candy and 2 cards (one from me and one from Kaylee) so I could have something to give him this morning. And I'm glad I did. Because when I came downstairs this morning there were a dozen roses and two cards (one from him and one from K.. yes we are both cheesy like that) sitting on our kitchen island.

No big gifts, but still something small to let each other know we were thinking about one another. And tonight we are getting sushi, a bottle of red wine and watching the Bachelor that we recorded last night.

It's been a sweet simple Valentine's Day.

Don't get me wrong I always liked the bigger gifts in the past, but I still like this Valentine's Day just as much.

Plus this is the first Valentine's Day we got to share with this little girl and really what more of a gift could we want anyways ;)




HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

2 comments:

Kate Neal said...

Awww<3 Love this SO much! We didn't do much either. Just lots of CHOCOLATE, lol;o) Happy V-Day!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, Happy Valentine's Day!