Thursday, August 5, 2010

Truthful Thursday

So occasionally on Thursdays I do a "Thankful Thursday" post about all of the things that I am thankful about that week.. but today I thought I would switch it up a little bit and write a "Truthful Thursday" post. Not that I am not always honest on this blog, because I promise I am.. but I think once in awhile it would be good to also comment on some of the less than perfect things going on because the truth is no one's life is perfect and we should learn to appreciate that every now and then..


I really am happy that my family is doing well and loving living in St Louis.. but truthfully I still get sad and lonely a lot. I know I have Vince's family here, but it's just not the same.. there are days when I would do anything to have my family move back to Pa.
 
As you know I am living at my in-laws house while our new house is being built and it is going better than I expected.. but to be honest there are times I want to pull my hair out. It's nothing specifically that anyone has done wrong, it's just we need our own place.. sooner rather than later. haha
 
I eat pretty healthy most of the times.. but that doesn't mean I always want to eat healthy. Truthfully, I LOVE fast food. Gross, I KNOW... but there are days I just crave chick-fil-a... mmm, just typing it makes me want it now haha
 
Vince and I talk a lot about moving one day out of state, maybe North Carolina.. but truthfully, I think if we actually started the process of moving I might chicken out. I do want to move, and I do love NC.. but there is something nice about having grown up here and knowing so many people, it may just be too hard to leave. (but then again, there are downsides to knowing so many people here for so long too.. sometimes you just feel like you are still stuck in high school)
 
I talk a lot about how much I like my job, and I DO. I promise... but would I give it up to start my own business if I could?? Heck to the yes!! Yes, I like my job, but truthfully it's not my dream job. I probably will never have my ideal dream job (which is why it's a dream haha) so I have no intentions of leaving this one.. no job is perfect, but I really shouldn't complain because I do really like it.
 
and lastly... I truthfully really want a baby... like badly. We talk about it a lot and are ready to start our family, but it hasn't been as easy to do as we would have hoped. I just keep telling myself god knows more than I do when the right time is so I need to just stop stressing and let it happen.
 
 
 OOOK... so that's enough honesty for one night haha jk. I will probably go back and forth between Thankful Thursdays and Truthful Thursdays... it's nice to change it up every once in awhile ;)

Happy Thursday!
 

3 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, I'm sure one day you'll live close to your family again and be taking your beautiful baby over to see them!

Don't feel bad, I classify Arbys and Chick fila as not being fast food! Haha!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I was just about to say the same thing as above...ChickFilA is Soooo not fast food ;) hahahah.

I love chick-fila and LET ME TELL YOU, stay at home moms...yea? thats the place to be, apparently. I think I eat it once a week with one of my sister in laws and their kids. It's like a party there EVERYDAY at noon. Kids everywhere.

And so...also, I got a little excited when you mentioned the baby thing. Does this mean its official? Like...trying? !!!! It can totally be stressful and every month you're like symptom spotting and such...I know how that is when you want it soooo bad.

If you do need anyone to talk to feel free to email me anytime. Seriously. It's not weird at all for me to talk nitty gritty details, and have a few girls here and there who email me about that kind of stuff often ;)

I'll be thinking of you guys and praying for perfect timing and patience! ;)

Madeleine said...

a baby!?!? YAYAYY!!! :) That makes me happy, I wish y'all the best of luck! (I don't know if luck counts in the whole babymaking process, so I'll send some prayers your way too...lol)