Monday, January 16, 2012

Busy January

This year has started off extremely busy. Which is why I haven't posted much recently.

The past 3 weekends we have been traveling. We went to Avalon, NJ for New Years with Vince's family, Vermont to go skiing the following weekend with my family, and then this past weekend I went down to DC on Friday night so I could go dress shopping on Saturday for my friend's wedding. The past few weekends have been a lot of fun, but also exhausting. I am looking forward to a quieter more laid back weekend coming up.

On top of all of that work has seemed none stop hectic lately. I'm honestly not sure why. It's always like that at the very end of the year, but usually by January things start to slow back down to a normal pace again. Hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later.

*****

Kaylee is sick. AGAIN. You can tell just by looking at her that she feels miserable.

She was acting ok on Saturday night when I got home from DC and she went to bed like normal. But at 11pm she woke up screaming and that didn't stop until a little after 2am. She was exhausted from all the crying by then and finally passed out in my arms, where she stayed asleep until morning. So we went to the urgent care center on Sunday and the poor baby has bronchitis (with the croupy cough) and a double ear infection. Ugh. I just want winter to be over and her to get healthy again.

I hate when she's sick. The ONLY upside is that she is super clingy when she isn't feeling well and just wants to be snuggled. These days cuddling is rare since she usually just wants to be on the floor playing, so I am trying to at least enjoy getting to just hold her more. 

*****

I dyed my hair brown yesterday. I get bored easily and like to change my hair a lot. Vince's cousin came over and we went to CVS and got some dye. The first time we did it, it was a a lighter brown and too much of the blonde was still showing. So when I went back the the pharmacy to get Kaylee's medicine I picked up a darker color and did it again. That made it look so much better. I'm happy with it. I've always liked being dark. Unfortunately my hair doesn't usually hold dark color too well so if I decide to keep it I will have to dye it quite a bit. So knowing me I will be probably get sick of that and be blonde again by summertime. But for now, I like the change.

*****

Sometimes I feel like I don't give my husband enough credit for how much he does. He works about 60-70 hours a week, he's great with Kaylee, he helps with the cleaning, the cooking, you name it whatever I need him to do he does without complaint.

This weekend I was going to originally wait until Saturday to leave for DC, but he called and told me I should go Friday night when he got home from work. He said I needed time with my friends and a night to be just me. I have never had a night away from Kaylee before because I always get too nervous about it, but he was right I needed it. I obviously missed her, but it was nice to just get some time with the girls.

There were multiple times this weekend I found myself stopping and thinking about how grateful I am to have him in my life. I need to take the time to tell him that more often.


*****

All the TV shows are finally back. It's kind of sad how happy that makes me. My dvr is already packed again. I am really looking forward to catching up on some of it this weekend (and maybe today if Kaylee takes a nap).


OK well that's about all I have for now. I hope everyone had a good weekend! Happy Monday :)

2 comments:

Shellsea said...

poor miss kay. little c has a terrible cough also. it sucks having to watch them be so sick when they are so little.

on another note- fun weekends :)

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

aww! What a sweet husband ;) Hope Kaylee gets to be 100% herself again. It is so rough to have a sick babe.