Tuesday, September 8, 2009

FOOTBALL Season

So summer is ending and fall is beginning and I couldn't be more excited. Now, don't get me wrong I like summer (who doesn't?!), but I LOVE the FALL! And really, what's not to love... leaves change colors, there's a nice fresh breeze (no more super hot and humid days), you can start to layer all your cute fall clothes without having to worry about being too cold yet, you have Halloween AND Thanksgiving (2 of my favorite holidays)... and above all else it's finally FOOTBALL season again! If I was a guy, football would be my sport! haha... I know some girls dread football season because their guys start spending all weekend in front of the tv, but I have no problem curling up on the couch with Vince all Saturday and Sunday watching game after game. With other sports it's different, I don't mind watching an occasional basketball game or going to a baseball game now and then (however watching baseball on tv is like torture to me, thankfully Vince feels the same haha).. but something about football I find so entertaining. 

I definitely like watching NFL games (EAGLES fan obviously), but college football is my favorite. I grew up being a Gators fan, but went to Virginia Tech for school and am now 100% a HOKIE for LIFE. (I'll still cheer on the Gators, just as long as they aren't playing VT). And really there is nothing better than a Saturday game day on a college campus... waking up to mimosas and bloody marys, tailgates starting at the crack of dawn, tons of excited fans in all kinds of crazy outfits and face paint, chanting your favorite team cheers until you lose your voice, enjoying all your favorite tailgate foods and games all day, becoming instant bff's with every fellow fan you meet... the list goes on and on.. but the best part: all of this is before the game even gets started! Seriously, how could anyone not have fun! lol

so if you're someone who doesn't like or even really understand football... maybe once this season just give it a try! if you can't get tickets to go to game, throw a little football party to cheer on your (or your guy's) favorite team. Worst case senario: you'll have an excuse to have a party, and even if you don't have a fabulous time actually watching the game, I'm sure your man will appreciate that you tried ;)

 
Ty and I in our hokie gear ;-)

3 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I appreciate the pep talk jenna---i want to love it...i've tried...i really want to....ugh. I'll try again. I will.

you're the perfect wife ;) haha

Jenna said...

haha well thanks (i should show that comment to vince!) lol

holly-lynn said...

jenna! i'm so excited to have a new blog to read! & even more excited about heading to alumni weekend!!