Thursday, November 10, 2011

6 Months

Holy cow, I have a 6 month old! I'm not sure how or when that happened, but it did. Time is flying by and my itty bitty baby isn't so itty bitty anymore.

Yesterday we had her 6 month appointment and she weighs 18lbs 10ozs and is 27 1/2 inches long.

See? Not so litte anymore.

Not a whole lot has changed since the 5 month post.

She rolls a lot now, instead of just every once in awhile like before. Now I am wondering how I will ever get her to crawl since the moment I put her on her stomach she is flipping right back over haha.

She is talking up a storm and saying different things like ba-ba and da-da, but not because she knows what she is saying it's just coming out. Hopefully soon she will start to actually say Da-Da for Vince and Ma-Ma for me. I can't wait for that.

She has a tooth on the bottom. It looks like one of the top ones is starting to poke through, but I can't really tell.
Sleeping has actually gotten worse. From 3 months to 5 months she was sleeping through the night about 90% of the time. And I don't mean she would sleep like 6 hours. She would sleep a full 10-11 hours straight. I don't think I fully appreciated how nice that was, until she started waking up again. Shortly after turning 5 months old she started waking up again. For about 2 weeks she was up twice at night. She hadn't done that since she was like a month or so old. It was torture. Thankfully she is now only getting up once a night to eat and then goes back to sleep, but I am hoping to get her back to sleeping through the night again soon. Hopefully..

She makes faces and has such a little personality. She squishes up her nose and makes a snorting kind of noise when we play. It makes us laugh every single time. (I tried to get a picture of it, but so far haven't had much luck.)

She eats like a champ. She was just eating solids at dinner, but a couple weeks ago we started solids for breakfast too. I usually do fruit for breakfast and veggies for dinner. We also started giving her some of the Gerber puffs and the yogurt bites to try to teach her how to self feed. She loves the food, but she is still picking it up with her fist and then puts her fist to her mouth but can't figure out how to get the food in her mouth. So yea, it's a work in progress haha.

Sippee cups are also a work in progress. She will hold it and bring it ot her mouth, but she hasn't quite figured out to tilt the cup up to get out the water. Sometimes she does, but usually she gets frustrated and just drops the cup. She will figure it out eventually lol.

Ok, so I thought not a lot had changed, but after writing this I guess more has changed than I realized.

My little girl really is growing up so fast and I am loving watching her grow and change literally every day. Before I know it I will be planning her first birthday. I can't decide if that makes me excited or sad. I guess a little of both.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

can you believe how quickly the 6 months has flown by? its so sad, yet so exciting to see our little girls turn into the little ladies they'll become. we're hitting quite a few of the same milestones this month. :)

SEL said...

Happy 6 months Baby K!!

hawker.katie@gmail.com said...

Kaylee and Isabella (furture BFFs) are almost exactly the same size! She had her 9 month check up Friday and is 19 pounds and 28 inches...too cute! Now we just need to work on getting them together...:)