Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12 Things About Me :)

There are only 12 days until Christmas! Can you believe it? I can't.

I still have some last minute gifts to get and cookies to bake. Ty needs to be groomed so that he looks all cute and clean for the holidays (just called and thankfully they had an opening for this weekend). I am making Christmas dinner this year so I need to decide what I am cooking and pick up groceries. But really, other than that I am pretty much all set and I am SO looking forward to our first holiday as a family of 3. ( 4 if you count Ty ;) )


Ever since I woke up today and realized there were only 12 days left I have had the song 12 Days of Christmas playing on repeat in my head. So, because of that I have decided to write down 12 (completely random) things you may not already know about me :)


1. I have a ridiculous obsession with hot peppers. Random, but true.

2. I am can be a neat freak. I don't like to clean, but I love a clean house. So, I clean a lot. I think it drives Vince crazy at times. I am constantly putting things away that he needs out just because I can't stand stuff just sitting around. It will be interesting to see how I handle all of Kaylee's toys once she is walking and all over the place haha.  

3. I am a total Mama's girl. I very rarely make any decisions big or small without first consulting my mom.

4. I am scared of cats. No offense to people who have cats, but they freak me out. I had 2 growing up and they were both crazy.

5. I used to be a dancer. I danced from the time I was 5 until I quit right before senior year in high school. At one point I was dancing 20-25 hours a week. I miss it a ton now, and regret quitting when I did.




6. I was born in Grand Forks, North Dakota. My father was in the air force at the time so we lived on base.

7. Since Kaylee was born I have never gone a single day without showering. Before Kaylee I would usually shower twice a day. I sometimes wish I could skip a day here or there, but for some reason I just can't. I need that 10 minutes of me time.

8. I was president of my sorority in college. Having to be the one to set and enforce rules for 140 other girls wasn't always the easiest or the most fun job in the world, but I do truly love my sisters :)




9. Speaking of sisters, I typically only refer to my sister Samantha, but I do have other siblings. I have another half sister Brittnee who just turned 20 yesterday and a step brother Sean who will be 27 in January. I was raised with Sam so we are super close and she is one of my best friends. Brittnee and Sean both lived with my father in Florida before he passed away so I don't see them nearly as often as I would like, but we do still talk and keep in touch.




10. Scary movies are my favorite. Given the choice between watching a romantic comedy or a scary movie, I always go with the scary one.

11. When I was really little I wrote with my left hand. Then I started at a private school when I was 5 and they made me switch to writing with my right hand. For awhile I could still write with both, but now I only use my right hand.

12. When Vince and I first got engaged we both agreed we never wanted kids. We were serious about it at the time. Sometime after actually getting married and buying a house we changed our minds and decided we wanted just one. Now, 7 months after having Kaylee? We want 3. Preferably sooner rather than later. It's funny how things change ;)

5 comments:

SEL said...

I never wanted kids either! Ever. Hubs did, which was why we hadn't gotten married yet. He thought he'd be able to change my mind, so he proposed, I said yes, and then? I got pregnant. And here we are, with the best "thing" that's ever happened to us. And I went from wanting none to three, as well. Ha!

I'm not a fan of cats either. I'm super allergic to them, but I don't like them anyway. Ha!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

The no kids things surprises me a little...but now could you imagine life without being a momma?! no way! :)

I'm scared of cats, too. In fact, I hate them.

And when Kaylee has toys everywhere...it will change. But you'll still spend the first 10 minutes of naptime picking up her toys so you can feel 'sane' for even a few minutes :)

Shellsea said...

Haha great post. Let the 12 days of Christmas begin! I also have shopping and baking to do. I love the last entry-totally made me laugh. I knew I wanted kids when I started volunteering classrooms in college.

Shellsea said...

I've given you the Liebster Blog Award! Come check it out!

Kate Neal said...

I learned a few things from this! Esp. about not wanting kids-I would have NEVER guessed! & the cats-OH the cats. I have them & I understand, LOL! I always had dogs growing up!