Monday, December 12, 2011

A Parade, Ear Piercings, and Meeting Santa :)

Last week was a very long week at work, plus pretty stressful with all of Kaylee's doctors appointments, so I was really looking forward to spending the weekend just relaxingand starting to celebrate the holidays.

Saturday morning while Vince was working Kaylee and I did a little Christmas shopping. Then that afternoon when he was done there was a Christmas parade right down the street from our house so we bundled Kaylee up and walked down to watch it with Vince's family.



She didn't seem overly excited about it, but she watched the whole thing and smiled at anyone that stopped to say hello.

Afterwards we ran a few errands, came home put Kaylee to bed and then curled up on the couch with a bottle of wine and watched a movie. (we watched The Help.. I'm sure most of you have seen it by now, but if not it's SO good so make sure you check it out!)

We continued with the Christmas fun on Sunday morning when we took Kaylee to see Santa. We got there early so we wouldn't have to wait too long and thankfully the Miss Kay kept herself entertained with smiling at everyone else in line (she definitely has her daddy's outgoing personality and will talk to anyone haha). Vince put her on Santa's lap, she looked up and starred at him for a few seconds, then turned smiled and that was that.

I have to say the picture turned out pretty cute :)

We had all intentions of heading home right after her picture and putting her down for her nap, but as we were walking out I saw a sign for ear piercings. I have been debating doing it for awhile now and decided if I was going to I might as well do it now.

I was definitely nervous. I knew it would make her cry, but I also knew it would look so cute. So she sat on my lap and in less than 30 seconds they were done. She cried and practically jumped out of my arms into Vince's as soon as they finished. But I had her bottle ready and fed her as soon as I stood up and within a minute she was fine again.

(this was right after they were done... she obviously wasn't too happy, but not screaming either)

They don't seem to bother her at all and she hasn't pulled on them once. I honestly don't even think she knows they are there (which is probably for the best). So now my little lady has earrings like a big girl :)





Meeting Santa and getting her ears pierced was a pretty big day for a little girl. So the rest of the day we just lounged around the house, wrapped presents, watched football and finished the night with Vince's family coming to our house for Sunday family dinner.

I love laid back family weekends like this. There really isn't anything better.

2 comments:

SEL said...

M has the same winter outfit but when we put her in it at 5 months, she screamed. So, it was never worn.

We haven't gotten M's ears pierced. I'm afraid I'll snag a shirt on her ear, or she'll pull at them since she's aware of things.

K looks adorable!

Kate Neal said...

She is so precious! I can't wait to see her. Hopefully in early '12<3