Monday, December 5, 2011

A little bit of everything

Saying I am tired today would be an understatement. The Little Miss decided 4am was a good time to get up to play today. That was a first. We have had early mornings before, but never this early. Plus I had stayed up till almost 12 talking with mom, and let me tell you I do not function well off of only 4 hours of sleep.

I am crossing my fingers today is busy at work so I don't have time to just sit, otherwise I might pass out at my desk.

*****
On a more positive note, I had a really good weekend. Friday I got done work a little early and Vince watched Kaylee so my mom and I could go out shopping. Saturday Vince and I had a wedding in the city, which was GORGEOUS and a lot of fun. It was kind of like a mini high school reunion, so it was nice getting to catch up with everyone. Unfortunately Saturday I woke up not feeling so great and by the end of the wedding I was pretty sick, so I didn't get to enjoy it quite as much as I would have liked, but we still had a really good time.

Sunday I still wasn't feeling good, but a little better. So my mom, mother-in-law, Kaylee and I went to a big craft show in Harrisburg, then on the way back we stopped and did some shopping at the outlets. Then last night Vince and I celebrated Christmas early with my mom since we won't be seeing my family then. We saved some of the gifts from my parents to actually open on Christmas, but it's always nice getting to see people open the gifts you get them. (Vince got a Bose system and was like a little kid playing with a new toy the rest of the night haha

*****

It's amazing to me how the moment I get sick everyone starts asking if I am pregnant. I swear I could have a cold and that is the first thing people start wondering about. I understood this more before I had Kaylee, because people knew we were trying. But, now I don't get it. I mean I have 6 month old, do people really think I would be pregnant already? And of course I know that it's always a possibility and I would be ok if it happened, but seriously I swear I'm not pregnant and I'm not trying to be

*****

When I first started at my job I was the youngest one. I was 24 and the person closest to me was 37. Over the past few years we have gotten 3 other girls all in their 20's. I never minded before about not having people my age at work, but now that I do I love it. I like having them to hangout with at work and after sometimes too. It really does make getting up and coming to work so much easier.

*****

I am taking an early lunch today so I can drop my mom off for her flight home. She hasn't even technically left yet and I am still sad about it. I haven't seen my sister since August (now that she is in college it's harder to schedule things together) and I have only seen my dad one day since then. This summer will be 4 years since they moved and I swear it hasn't gotten any easier. I miss them a ton, but I am grateful that my mom is so great about coming to visit us whenever she can. My family has a place in Vermont so I think we are going to all try to meet up there in January to go skiing. I am already counting the days.

*****

I need to find a new series to watch. Over the past couple of years I have watched 24, LOST, One Tree Hill, and Friday Night Lights. All from start to finish. (well OTH is actually still on, but I watched the 1st 6 seasons last year and just caught up with it in season 7) I love getting them and watching them all at once like that. I don't know why, but I do. So, anyways does anyone have any good suggestions on what my next show should be??

*****

It still amazes me every single day how much Kaylee has changed my life. In a good way. I seriously feel like a different person. I love her more than words can describe and literally just seeing her smile can make my whole day. On Wednesday we have some important doctors appointments at DuPont Children's Hospital. I haven't talked about it all, because I am hoping it turns out to not be a big deal and it's nothing that needs to be addressed online right now. But if you could please keep her in your prayers for me I would greatly apprecaite it.

*****


Hope you all have a great week! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

SEL said...

I'm praying everything goes well with Miss K's appt! I hope you're feeling better, as well. xo