Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful that today is Thursday and I have off work tomorrow. Three day weekends are the best.

I am thankful that I have a fun weekend planned with lots of good friends. A friend of ours is getting married in West Virginia on Saturday so about 15 of us are renting a few vans and driving down there tomorrow morning. I like road trips with friends and I LOVE weddings.. so it should be a pretty good time ;)

I am also thankful that we are bringing dunkin donuts and someone else is bring mimosas for the early morning (we are leaving at 6am) car ride.. the mimosas will definitely help wake us up.. haha

I am very thankful that my mother-in-law and I are as close as we are.. otherwise living in her house while we wait for ours to be built wouldn't be so easy... but thankfully it's been going really well and I really don't have any complaints. (at least not yet.. lol)

I am thankful for having friends who work in retail stores, because it's really nice to get a little discount every now and then ;o)

I am thankful for books. I may sound like a dork, but I love to read. I go through stages where I can read 4 books back to back and then I may go a month without reading at all... but no matter what whenever I pick up a book and actually start reading, I get hooked. My favorite books to read are usually by either Nora Roberts or James Patterson. (Well and of course I am huge fan of both the Harry Potter and Twilight series as well haha)

and last but most importantly.. I am thankful and extremely proud of a husband who works SO hard for us.. he leaves the house first thing in the morning and sometimes doesn't get home until 10pm and never once complains. I am also very thankful that all of his hard work is paying off for him and getting him to where he wants to be. (and to where eventually his hours will be much less, thank goodness!) 

******

Since we are leaving early tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday evening, I won't be posting again until sometime next week... but hope you all have a great weekend! Happy Thursday :o)

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

your road trip sounds like so much fun! i hope you guys have a blast!

angela.kolachny said...

I love your hubby too, hes so good to you<3 have fun this weekend! xoxo

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You're not a dork, reading is awesome! Have fun in WV! That's where I live!