Friday, July 2, 2010

Weekend Plans and Trash the Dress Photos ;)

I love 3 day weekends.. especially when I don't have too many big plans other than relaxing with the hubby.

Tonight we are meeting some friends for happy hour and then ordering a pizza, renting a movie, and getting a bottle of wine. Sounds like a perfect Friday night to me ;)

Saturday during the day we have no plans right now... so that means we are SLEEPING IN, maybe getting up in time to go to a late breakfast and possibly some shopping haha. Then that evening we have a graduation party for a family friend and watching some fireworks at the park down the street.

Sunday again no plans in the morning, so more sleeping in (one of my favorite past times, haha) and then we are heading into the city with some friends for dinner and fireworks at Penns Landing.

Then finally on Monday we are heading to Cape May to take some pictures. I am actually really excited about this!

Last weekend at my brother-in-laws wedding the photographers (they were the same ones we used for my wedding) asked me if I would want to trash my wedding dress. (it seems to be a popular new thing where brides are wearing their dresses and getting all dirty or jumping in water.. stuff like that

They really wanted to get someone to wear a wedding dress on the beach and get in the water and play in the sand so they can use the pictures for their brochures and website to promote that they now do trash the dress sessions... and well since they knew I had an extra dress (long story short.. 2 weeks before my wedding I had to buy a new dress because the seamstress screwed mine up.. when I went to pick it up from her it had a tear in the side, beads falling off, still too big etc... BUT it would now work perfect to wear for a trash the dress session) they offered to do a free photo shoot.

This was actually something I have wanted to do for awhile! I have seen some friends do it with their wedding dresses and they get some really neat pictures, but I didn't really want to pay for it... but since they asked me to do it and it's free.. why not?! I think it will be a lot of fun and since really what am I ever going to use the other dress for anyways?!

We are going to go get Vince a pair of cheap black dress pants and dress shirt so he doesn't have to ruin any of his nice ones, but can still look like a groom in the pictures haha. Plus before we do the trash the dress session they offered to take some normal pictures of Vince and I on the beach.. so not quite sure what we are wearing for that yet, but maybe just something casual like jeans and a plain t-shirt.

Again, I wouldn't normally go have professional pictures taken of us for no reason.. but if the photographers offer to do it for free.. why wouldn't we? haha. So hopefully in a week or so I will have some of the proofs back and I will make sure to post them for you all to see!

Well anyways I have to run, but hope you all have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend! ;o)




9 comments:

Lindsey said...

how exciting! i love trash the dress sessions - they are so artsy... i can't wait to see how they turn out!

and i love that you get as excited as i do about not having plans on the weekends... we are having a go with the flow weekend which is so exciting - we normally have plans for every waking minute (and to top it off that its a 3 day weekend makes it even better!)

i hope you have a wonderful 4th!

Chelsea said...

Fun! Can't wait to see the photos!!

Madeleine said...

Sounds so fun!! I'd go to forever 21 and get a couple of cheap sun dresses (summer florals...obsessed)for the pics! oooh you'd look so cute!


eeee can't wait to see the pictures!!!! :) have SO much fun!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How exciting! I bet the photos are going to be great! Have a great weekend!

Michelle said...

ahhh so exciting! Trash the dress pics always turn out SO great!! Can't wait to see them! :) Have a fun weekend!!

Ms. Emmy N said...

Hi! Just found your blog :) Sounds like a fun, relaxing weekend! I have never heard of 'Trash the Dress' but it sounds awesome - especially since you have an extra! I bet the pictures will be beautiful, and unique!!

Happy 4th of July :)

Marian said...

That is going to be sooo much fun!! I can't wait to see the pictures when they are done.

Sarah said...

How cool...that gives me inspiration for some cool pics...don't know if I could really do it with my wedding dress, though!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I cannot wait to see the photos -- what a perfect deal! Hope your 4th was fabulous with loved ones!!