Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wishful Wednesday


 Today's Wishful Wednesday topic is.. 

'I wish' .... I had never-ending funds to donate to a charity and it would be         !
 
 I really liked this weeks topic and I knew immediately which charity I would pick.. 
 
I LOVE this foundation. Just reading the stories about all of the great things they do for those kids easily brings me to tears. Ever since I was little I can remember my family sending in checks whenever things came in the mail asking for donations. It is most definitely a charity that I will continue to support. 

(make sure to join in the Wishful Wednesday posts at Kelsey's blog!)

******

This morning for work I had to get up at 4 am (and I am NOT a morning a person) so that I could be at a trade show by 6am. So, since I was exhausted when I got home I wanted to make something quick and easy for dinner... so I went through my cabinets to see what I could come up with and I ended up making a pretty good and SUPER easy casserole.

ingredients:
2-3 boneless chicken breasts cut into small pieces
2 cans cream of chicken soup (use low sodium so it's not too salty)
1 cup uncooked white or brown rice
1 can light sour cream (16 oz)
chopped celery (about 1 cup)
1 can sliced water chestnuts
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 sleeve of ritz crackers
salt and pepper to season
directions:
preheat oven to 400 degrees. boil chicken, then mix all ingredients together (other than the crackers), next crumble the crackers and sprinkle on top. bake for 40 minutes. This made enough for at least 4 people.

I forgot to take a picture before I served it, but it was SO good!  
 
Give it a try sometime! :o)

Happy Wednesday, the week is more than halway over!

6 comments:

♥ sarah said...

aw what a great charity! i totally agree with you! cute blog! xoxo

Madeleine said...

that sounds delish!!!

and make a wish is such an amazing charity :) can't forget your blank blank roots though...hahaha!

Kenj said...

This is a great charity. Such a great choice.!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Such a great charity!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Make A Wish left me in tears after each and every story! It's amazing!

angela.kolachny said...

good one girl! I'm def gonna try that recipe out...I'll let you know how it goes:o)