Friday, May 14, 2010

It's that time of year..

It is officially wedding season.



Tonight at 5pm we have our first of FIVE weddings between now and September.

I LOVE weddings. It's always great to go and celebrate the love between two people you care about (not to mention it's always fun to go to a party where you can dress up, eat good food, and enjoy an open bar.. just saying.) and it's always such an honor when you are asked to actually be a part of the wedding party... but to be honest sometimes my favorite weddings are the ones I am not actually in (well minus my own obviously haha).

It's not that I don't love being a part of my friend's special day (because really I do), but sometimes it is nice when you can just go to a wedding. You don't have to worry about all of the planning for the engagement party/the shower/bachelorette party/wedding/etc. all you have to do is show up and have a good time. Which is exactly what we are doing tonight. (well actually Vince and I both went to the bachelor/bachelorette stuff too)

The couple getting married tonight are good friends of ours and I am really looking forward to it because so many of the guests are friends and family too which always makes the reception even more fun.

Next month we have Vince's brothers wedding which we are both in and obviously we are both looking forward to that one too since we have been involved with  a lot of the planning the past year. Then the remaining 3 weddings we are just guests.

So it looks like our summer will be filled with lots of fun celebrations and I can't wait to get it all started.

Then tomorrow night I am actually continuing with wedding season because it is the bachelorette party for my brother-in-laws fiance, Lauren. We are surprising her and going to Baltimore for the night.. we got hotel rooms, made dinner reservations, and requested a vip section at one of the bars.. so it's going to be a good time (now I just need to find something to wear...).

It's going to be a busy, but fun weekend. (I will definitely be exhausted on Sunday.. haha) Hope you all have a fun weekend planned too!

Happy Friday :o)

2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Have fun at your first wedding of the season! Pace yourself!

Miss Jonna Rose said...

Your very right I love wedding season!!!! Plus its a reason to shop for a new dress.