Monday, September 26, 2011

Kaylee's First ER Trip

As always the weekend went way too fast. Thankfully we had nothing planned so I was able to spend all weekend taking care of my sick little girl.

On Friday around 11am Kaylee spiked a very high fever and started screaming uncontrollably. Vince was at home with her since she had been sick since Tuesday with what we thought was just a cold. So I left work, called the Dr's office and since they couldn't get her in right then they told us to take her to the hospital. We ended up being there until about 5pm. By the time we left she had calmed down, her fever got a little better (still high, but not like before), and we got some antibiotics to help her get well.

We were all so drained that night that Kaylee fell asleep quicker than ever, and Vince and I were both in bed by 10pm. (unfortunately the nights are still rough... with her being sick she is getting up multiple times, but is finally starting to get better)

Vince worked a lot this weekend so Miss K and I spent a lot of time snuggling on the couch. The only upside to having a sick baby, was that she was so much more of a cuddle bug. By this morning her fever was mostly gone and her enegry seems to be getting back to normal.

So after almost a week of some very long and at times stressful days I think we managed to survive her first time being sick. I know we will have many more days like this in our future, but for now I am just glad to have my happy healthy baby girl back :)


**Thanks to all of my friends who sent messages/tweets this weekend checking on her, I really apprecaited it!

No comments: