Thursday, September 1, 2011

iphone pictures aren't cutting it anymore.

 A few weeks ago I posted that I was setting a new goal for myself and wanted to start trying a new recipe at least once a week. Well, so far I'm actually doing good.

So today I wanted to do a post showing you some of the dinners I cooked to prove it and then I realized I can't because I didn't take pictures.


This made me start thinking about how I seriously need to start using my camera. 


Vince bought me a Nikon dslr camera that I asked (more like begged for) for Christmas almost 2 years ago. It's nothing crazy, but it's good enough that I should have no excuse for not having nice pictures. And I really couldn't care less about having good pictures of food, but I most definitely want to have good pictures of Kaylee. Iphone pictures just aren't cutting it anymore.


To be honest I have NO desire to learn how to work all of the different things on my camera. I know the basics and that's enough for me. I just want to make myself USE it more often.


Typically when Kaylee's doing something cute and I want to get a picture of it, it's a lot easier to just grab my cell phone rather than go to the closet and get out the camera. Besides by the time I did that whatever cute thing she had been doing would be over.


So from now on, I am keeping my camera out of the closet and out of the case. So that way I am much more likely to use it (at least when I'm home) and actually capture cute little moments like these ones from after I picked up K from daycare yesterday...

all smiles

she would much rather eat bows than wear them lol

having a little chat with her monkey ;)



After I get myself more in the habit of using my camera, I think I will try to convince myself to start editing my pictures a little. Heck I work with Photoshop and InDesign every single day for work, so I know I how to do it I just need to start doing it for me and not work once in awhile.


However, that's another goal for later on. Right now I need to just take this one step at time. ;) 

1 comment:

Kate Neal Photo said...

These are precious! & that is GREAT that you work with InDesign & Photoshop @ work. You are def. ahead of most "ameteurs" I'm sure!