Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Starting Solids

At Kaylee's 4 month appointment a few weeks ago the Dr gave us the OK to start trying solid foods. I was a little nervous about how she would do with it, but at the same time looking forward to seeing her start to learn about different foods.

The first week we started with just rice cereal and it was not so good. She spit almost everything back at me and would fuss until I gave in and got her a bottle instead.

The second week started off better. We added some bananas to the cereal and that seemed to do the trick. She started actually eating the food and not just spitting it back at me. About 3 days into week 2 is when she got sick. Since we were already dealing with that, I decided it was best to hold off on the solids for a little bit.

Now that she is doing I started trying solids again last night. At first I gave her just rice cereal and it ended up all over her face. So I added the bananas and she started smacking her lips for more. She still ended up with a lot (probably most) of it on her face, but at least she was enjoying it and opening her mouth everytime she saw the spoon.

Hopefully it continues like this and we can start trying to add a couple different types of foods and see what she likes. (and maybe she will start learning to actually keep the food in her mouth rather than on her face.. haha)


Vince was working last night so it was just Kaylee and I. Since she kept wanting more immediately after every bite it was a little hard to get many pictures. But I hadn't taken any of her eating before and wanted to at least get a few of those cute cheeks all covered in food ;)

Before food:
First bite.. Mmmmm :)

All the messy goodness...


I love those chubby cheeks ;)

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

Good girl eating her food! There's some really good advice on starting solids in "The Baby Whisperer Solves all your Problems." We haven't started yet, but I'm looking forward to it now!

angela.kolachny said...

SO cute! Kiss her cheeks for me!