Monday, October 3, 2011

Internet Detox

My mom flew in to visit on Thursday and went back home this afternoon. While she was here I decided to spend the 4 days without getting on twitter, facebook, blogger, etc. I needed a little social media detox, and I must say it was kind of nice

The past couple weeks have been kind of like a roller coaster for me and I really just needed some quality mom time without the constant interruption of the internet or my phone to sort some things out. Just a few days to clear my head and breathe a little.

We spent time playing with Kaylee a ton, shopping, cooking, dying our hair, watching movies, and just relaxing. My phone was on this weekend, but other than to talk to my sister (who just finished rush this weekend and is now a Pi Beta Phi at Ole Miss.. yay!), and to take a few pics of K it really wasn't used at all.

Before my mom got here I was feeling overwhelmed and really stressed and after only 4 days of just hanging out I feel so much better. I feel like my normal self again. It was just what the Doctor ordered.

It's amazing what a mom can do ;)

4 comments:

Ashley @ Gratitude and Latitude said...

Sounds like a great visit with your mom! What color did you dye your hair?! Pics please!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

aww! I'm so glad you had a good time :) It does feel good to disconnect a bit.

Madeleine said...

glad you had such a great time with your mom! and wow, pi phi at ole miss - that's way more big time than our simple little SK at VT :) haha congrats to your sister!

keep posting pics of kaylee - she is toooo cute!

SEL said...

I stayed off twitter for the past week and it was marvelous! I totally understand what you're saying.

I'm glad you got to spend time with your Mom. They are amazing.