Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Quick. Easy. Delicious.

Since it was a cold and rainy day I was thinking about making a big pot of warm chicken noodle soup for dinner, but then I remembered I had a great simple recipe for chicken noodle casserole which sounded even better.  So I made that instead and was glad I did because it was REALLY good :)

 
(I forgot to take a picture of mine before I had already served it, so this is the one from the recipe, but it doesn't have the French's fried onions)


I changed just a couple things in the recipe and Vince and I both really liked it. If you ever want a quick and easy meal this is a great option.


Ingredients:
2 cups cooked chicken
2 cups egg noodles, cooked and drained (I like the medium size)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cups frozen mixed veggies (I also added some cut up celery, but you don't have to)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup french's fried onions
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt

Mix everything (except cheddar cheese and fried onions) and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Then take out and sprinkle the cheese and friend onions on top and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes (or whenever the onions are a little crispy and the cheese is melted). Then let cool for a few minutes and enjoy. ;-)




2 comments:

i. me. mine said...

Mmmm...that looks delicious. Can't wait to try it this weekend!

angela.kolachny said...

yummmmmmmmooooooo! that LOOKS awesome and it sounds SO good! I'm gonna try it!