Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Recap

Here's a brief recap of my nice, somewhat busy (but still relaxing) weekend..


Friday after work I met Vince and couple friends out for dinner and drinks while we watched the Phillies game (which unfortunately they lost).. then went home and watched a movie with Vince and Ty <3


Saturday morning I went with Vince to buy his new car, a 2009 Honda Accord:

(it was pouring down rain all day Saturday otherwise I would have gotten a picture of his actual car, but this is exactly what it looks like haha)


My mom flew here on Saturday afternoon from Missouri (she goes back on Wednesday), this is the first time I have seen her in 3 months and I am so excited she is here! That night I went with her and a couple of her friends to Bonefish (mmm.. bang bang shrimp) for dinner and drinks (and to watch the Hokie football game, which didn't go as I had hoped..) We capped the day off back home with hot chocolate and a little tv <3


Yesterday the three of us had breakfast at Happy Days Diner (vince and I are both big fans of going to breakfast on Sundays), then Vince spent the day with his brother and playing with his new toy (i mean car) while I spent the day shopping and going to a movie with my mom (one of my favorite ways to spend a day). We went and saw Paranormal Activity... OH MY GOODNESS..... I LOVE scary movies, but this was SO scary! (good, but scary) I spent most of the movie with my stomach in knots and hugging my knees to my chest haha. So, if you want a good scare I definitely recommend it ;)


The weekend ended with me, my mom, and Vince having dinner at La Tolteca (our favorite Mexican restaurant) and watching the Eagles lose (ughhh), and then renting a movie and hanging out at the house with Ty. (We also watched some of the Phillies game, and finally for the first time this weekend I saw a win from one of my sports teams!)


So like I said, it was good weekend (minus the Hokies, Eagles, and Phillies all losing a game). I still have a couple more days with my mom here and so far our plans seem to be about the same: shopping, eating, watching movies... and maybe a little hair dying ;-) 

1 comment:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Okay Jenna--
here it goes:


1. You guys got another new car! Holy cow. Lucky, lucky. I am dying for a new one, but Declan wants me to wait.
2. I love bang-bang shrimp--LOVE IT. Pomegrenate Martini's there were my fav.
3. Declan and I eat at Happy Days for breakfast or late night dinner way too often. Its SO CHEAP, and delicious, and the fun diner-feel.
4. I cannot believe you watched that scary movie, I would have died.
5. La Tolteca is also my favorite, too! Its so cute and little, and their food is way more authentic then On the border.
6. The eagles were pathetic yesterday, thank you phillies for giving us some hope.

glad you had a nice weekend!