Friday, October 2, 2009

Why do I do this to myself??

It is now October, which means it is officially the month of Halloween (one of my favorite holidays). So to start the holiday off a small group of us are going to one of those haunted house things tonight. In the past we have always gone to Jason's Woods, which I always thought was pretty scary (for example: the first time I went I was in 6th grade and CRIED until they turned on the lights.. and then 2 years ago I was there and I got so freaked out I dropped my purse while running out of the room and then a friend had to go back and get it because I refused to go back in... embarrassing, but true)

Every year I always get super excited to go (as I am now) but as soon as I get in the line outside I start to get nervous and then the closer and closer I get to the entrance the more I want to turn around and go home (now obviously I know it's people just acting and I see 7 yr olds going in and laughing, but for some reason it really does freak me out).... So now the question is why do I put myself through this? It's not like I actually like being scared... but I guess maybe it's just part of the thrill of it? (either that or I'm just c r a z y) 

Well anyways this year we have decided to change things up a bit and go to the Wall of Terror at the Eastern State Penitentiary which is supposed to be a LOT scarier than Jason's Woods... great. Well, I am hoping that maybe for once I can make it through like a mature adult rather than the screaming little girl I usually turn into. Besides, this place doesn't look scary at all...


2 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

oh gosh :) I wont even do this to myself anymore! I realize that it's scary and I am a baby when it comes to horror--so I just opt out. I go for apple picking, pumpking carving, and hayrides instead. Haha.

holly-lynn said...

i've been wanting to go there for years! let me know how it is!