Thursday, March 10, 2011

completely random thoughts..

It's raining and not just a little bit. It's supposed to rain from now until sometime Friday and they are calling for some flooding.. somewhere between 2-5 inches of rain (every news channel I check has a different forecast of course lol). Rain makes me feel so blah.. the only time I like the rain is on Sundays when I have nothing better to do but curl up and watch movies all day.

On top of this ugly rainy day, I am exhausted. I am used to getting up at 7 (and really I don't get out of bed then, I lay there until Vince is done showering and until I absolutely have to get up and start getting ready), but recently I have started to have to work from our Harrisburg office on Wednesdays and Thursdays so I have to leave my house by 6:30 am (at the latest). I know some people have long commutes every day, so I really shouldn't complain.. but I much prefer my normal 2 mile drive (seriously my office is that close) over this hour and a half (sometimes more with traffic drive) drive. Thankfully this is just temporary.. they are in the process of restructuring the Harrisburg office so I am just filling in until that happens. Which will hopefully be soon, because I like my normal 7 am wake-up much better. (and yes I know that once the baby is here that will change, but at least then I won't have to get up and drive that far to work I can stay in my pj's at my house... )

OK enough complaining.. Last night when I got home from work, I pulled up to see Vince's car outside. Which is odd because he typically works late (until like 10pm or later), but he surprised me and called off work and took me out to dinner instead. I love random date nights like that and I love that he knows how much those little things mean to me.

We were talking about going to a movie after dinner, but decided we would rather go home and rent a movie on demand instead.. but then we ended up getting caught up watching American Idol. Vince usually can't stand that show and the past few years I only watch it on and off, but like Vince said last night this year has some really good contestants and it makes it a lot more fun to watch. So I have a feeling after watching last night, I am going to be hooked on it for the season..

This Sunday we are switching churches. We are going back to the church we got married in (which was actually my family's church for years and I used to go with them every Sunday). Right after we got married Vince and I moved about 20 minutes from where I had been living, and not that it was a far move or anything, but it made more sense to start going to the church that was literally across the street from our new house. Plus since my family moved to Missouri they weren't going to the other church anymore either. Now, we have been talking a lot about when we have our baby baptized and if we really want to do it at the new church.  Not that there is anything wrong with it at all, the pastor is actually a really nice guy and I like going.. but it just doesn't feel like our church. Somewhere that we want to stay with long term. So, after discussing for awhile we decided that driving the 20 mins to church on Sunday's to go back to where we feel is our church was the best decision for us. I feel a little weird going back after being gone for over 2 years now, and hope the pastor doesn't mind that we switched... but it just feels like a better fit for us and our little girl. (plus I like that the pastor is friends with my family, married us, and can now baptize our baby).

Well.. that's really it. I know it was a random post, but that's really all that's been going on lately.

Hope everyone is having a good week... I'm sure you already know, but tomorrow is FRIDAY! Yay! (and I couldn't be more ready to be able to sleep in on Saturday! haha)

No comments: