Tuesday, March 29, 2011

d a y d r e a m i n g . . .

.. about all things baby.

Today is March 29th. My due date is April 29th. So that means that sometime in the next month I will finally get to meet my little girl and I CAN'T WAIT <3

I had the option of either planning to stop working before the my due date or working up until whenever the little one decides to grace us with her presence. I chose to work as long as possible so that I can actually spend all of my time off with her when she is here rather than just waiting at home for her to come.

Well, I made that decision months ago.. and now even though I still think that's the best way for me to do it.. there are days when it is so hard for me to focus and get any work done.

I spend hours thinking about her and making lists constantly of things I still want to pick up or add to my hospital bag (or just random things I don't really even need haha).

I imagine holding her for the first time and I tear up just thinking about it. (I don't however get quite as excited when I think about the actual delivery..)

I literally cry just thinking about seeing Vince holding her for the first time.

And I still have 30 days to go.

Sounds like such a short time, but there are days when it seems like f.o.r.e.v.e.r.

So for now, I guess I will just continue to daydream about my little girl (and try to do some work too) and hopefully before I know it she will be here in my arms. (probably screaming.. but I won't think about that part just yet.. haha)

4 comments:

Kate Neal Photo said...

I love this<3 & the end about her screaming made me laugh:o) You will be such a good mom...It will be here in no time!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Time will go by fast girl. I'm so excited for you. :) And haha, the screaming part was funny! :)

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Babies cry. They scream. But? They also sleep. A lot. And they sleep on your chest, all curled up. And they want their momma's over anyone else, because, DUH, they lived in you for 9 months. And you smell like home to them. And there is nothing like the new baby smell. NOTHING. Seeing your husband with her? Will melt you in every way possible. Every single way. Everyone says it, but, it goes fast. Hold on for the ride:)

angela.kolachny said...

I'm so excited for you both! I hope someone will be taking pics with your good camera while you hold Kaylee in your arms for the first time! Not too much longer:o)