Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I appreciate the advice..

.. but OMG please make it stop!

I don't know what it is about pregnant women that makes complete strangers think it's ok to give out unsolicited advice, but seriously everywhere I go I hear something from someone about how to raise my baby.

- Don't hold a baby too much, they will be spoiled

- Don't let a baby have a pacifier, it teaches them to put something in their mouths when they are upset and when they are older that can turn into them being emotional eaters. (seriously I have heard that from someone..)

- Sleep now, you won't be able to later. OK, yes I get that babies keep you up a lot, but it's not like sleeping today is going to make me less tired next month. When I am tired I sleep, but I am not going to sleep every second of every day for no reason.

- Don't do this, don't do that..  blah blah blah..

UGH. Sorry, I know I shouldn't complain. Everyone is just trying to help, but it does get slightly annoying at times.

And while I am complaining.. let me also add that it is really annoying when people ask me all the time when I think she will actually be here. Umm.. do I look like a psychic? I have no idea.. all I know is it will be sometime between today and her due date (or maybe even after that).

Again, I know I shouldn't complain because people are just excited to come meet her and I totally get that (I mean HELLO obviously I am excited to meet her too).. but I promise I will make sure I call/text/post a facebook status or something so everyone knows once she is here, but until then please RELAX a little. Everyone constantly asking and hoping she is here soon just stresses me out.. obviously I would love to have her now, but I also want her to come whenever she is ready to come and not a moment sooner.

ughhh... OK, rant OVER. Sorry! It's just been one of those days!

Is it Friday yet?? haha ;)

5 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

The advice? JUST KEEPS COMING when they are here too. From random strangers. Its entertaining.

And the emotional eater thing? wow. NEVER heard that.

The sleep now thing is a crock. Its not like it stock piles for the next few months of rare sleep (and if you read my post today, you know that you're just in for a life of not much sleep anyway. comes with the mom territory! ha).

And? You can NOT spoil a newborn. So hold her whenever the hell you want. Often :) Soon they become wiggly and squirmy and won't cuddle as easy!

:)

Madeleine said...

that's why i am an emotional eater!! hahaha ;)

i can imagine it gets annoying! I hope she makes her grand debut soon - can't wait to see pics! so excited for you guys!

xoxo

Kate Neal Photo said...

The emotional eater thing was hilarious.

Also, while vacationing in CA last week with family, we had a 4 mo. old with us. He is the cutest, happiest baby...He is always smiling. When we were in Vegas (& I know there are a lot of crazies visiting Vegas) someone actually came up to his mom and said "Oh my! He smiles so much...It is because his face is so round!" Dead serious. Could not stop laughing...I mean, really???

Unknown said...

amen. lol

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh man, I think I would probably snap!