Friday, April 15, 2011

4 Years Ago..

April 16, 2007

4 years ago tomorrow was one of the worst days that I could have ever imagined. I wrote a whole post about it last year and I don’t want to just rewrite it, but I do want to take a minute to remind everyone to always live for the 32 people who lost their lives on that awful day.

“We are Virginia Tech.

We are sad today, and we will be sad for quite a while. We are not moving on, we are embracing our mourning.

We are Virginia Tech.

We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly, we are brave enough to bend to cry, and we are sad enough to know that we must laugh again.

We are Virginia Tech.” – Nikki Giovanni

Even though it makes me extremely sad to think back about that time, I also remember how proud I was (and still am) to be a HOKIE. That time even though hard and unbelievably heartbreaking was also a time that made the Virginia Tech community stronger and closer together. I still every year on that day talk to the 3 girls who I spent the next month before graduation practically inseparable from. We were already as close as could be, but somehow being there together at that time made us even closer.

Sitting in the gym the following day and listening to Nikki Giovanni’s speech gave me chills then and still does today. I will listen to it again every year on April 16th and will remember to live for 32 <3



******


On a happier note… It’s FINALLY Friday. For some reason this week has just seemed SO long. I am so tired today and really looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend.

We have no big plans and I like it that way. (We don’t make too many weekend plans lately since we have no idea when this little lady will decide to show up lol) It’s supposed to be nice here today, rain tomorrow (ugh), but then nice again Sunday so we were thinking about packing a picnic and going to a local park and renting a boat for the afternoon so Vince can fish and I can relax in the boat ;) Sounds nice, right?

Man, how my idea of a fun weekend has changed over the past year.. I looked at my old calendar and last year on this weekend Vince and I were going out drinking with friends lol.. but you know what even though we always had a lot of fun, I think I like these new low key weekends just as much ;) (which is a good thing since pretty soon I won't have a choice but to stay home on weekends with the little one haha)

Hope you all have a great weekend! :)

1 comment:

angela.kolachny said...

I was so scared for you that day, I was thrilled when I finally heard your voice on the phone<3

Hey, can you please whisper to Kaylee that her Aunt Ang can't wait to meet her!? Thanks:o)