Thursday, April 7, 2011

Waiting Patiently...

Since getting pregnant (and even before then) I have heard so many people tell horror stories about how miserable they were at the end of their pregnancies. They were tired, swollen, uncomfortable, and just completely ready to be done with the whole process. Basically just sick of being pregnant.

So I had prepared myself that I would be that way too and have been waiting for that feeling of being so "done" to come.. but it hasn't.

Of course I am tired and my back hurts, but to be honest.. it's not that bad.

 I'm sure if I was 9 months pregnant in August in 100 degree weather I would be singing a different tune... but for now I am actually still enjoying being pregnant and feeling the hiccups and kicks (which do hurt a little lately haha) and taking the time to finalize little things here and there while I wait for her arrival.

 I absolutely 100% cannot wait to hold my little girl in my arms, but for today at least I am ok waiting these last few weeks until she decides to come. (if she is much later than her due date I may not be so patient about it lol

So to all of the co-workers, family, friends (and complete strangers too) who are constantly asking "OMG aren't you SO over being pregnant??" or commenting that I "look so tired, I hope she comes really soon so you aren't so uncomfortable".. I appreciate the concern, really I do.. and YES I am READY for her to be here, but right now I am ok just waiting patiently.

******

Side note: even though I am not sick of being pregnant yet, I am officially SO OVER working right now. I would gladly stop working tomorrow if I could rather than waiting until she is here to be off. Next time around I am definitely planning on starting maternity leave at least a little early.. haha

6 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

When I was only like 27 weeks pregnant my MIL used to say things like, "Omg aren't you ready for that baby to BE OUT?"...I'd hold my belly and say "Umm..NO. I prefer her to stay in, thanks".

It was so annoying.

This is the last time you will get her to yourself. Once she's out, everyone wants to hold her. Right now, you get her JUST to yourself. SO protected and perfect in there.

I was SO sick of being pregnant once I stopped working...that was 9 days before I had her. So, yea. I was OVER it. But I was pretty good until then! Way to go!!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Thinking of you during your pregnancy!

Miss Chelsea said...

Glad to hear that it's not always THAT treacherous haha

angela.kolachny said...

I think you are beautiful to begin with but I just think you look even more stunning pregnant! Being a mom looks great on you:o) You're very lucky not to have the swollen ankles or puffy body, my mom gained 80 pounds with me (and she's a tiny lady!) best of luck in the next few weeks, can't wait to meet her!

Unknown said...

i'm so sick of hearing: 'are you okay?' 'you look so tired' 'you sure you're okay'. i'm always thinking wow how bad do i really look? lol

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's wonderful that you're still having a great time in your pregnancy. Thank goodness the temps haven't spiked because that would make it more rough.