Friday, April 29, 2011

My Late Night Surprise

Vince works until about 10 or 11 on most week nights. Last night around 9pm he texted me and said that he would be a couple of hours later than normal because a truck with one of their shipments had an accident and they had to wait for it to get there. This has happened before so I really didn't think too much of it. Well around 12:30am I got too tired to continue to wait up so I went to lay down and about 30 minutes later he finally came home... but the SURPRISE was that he had my mom with him! I literally jumped out of bed when I saw her walk through the door :)

My parents live in Missouri and I had talked to my dad yesterday and just mentioned that I wished my mom could come visit even if the baby doesn't come while she's here it would be nice to spend time with her. Well apparently he then called my mom and Vince and set it up so Vince could pick her up at the airport on his way home from work last night. (her flight ended up being delayed which is why they got home so late) I was really surprised and SO excited! My mom and I are really close and ever since they moved a few years ago I miss her a ton.

Obviously, it would be PERFECT if Kaylee would decide to come sometime this weekend since my mom goes back home on Monday, but even if she doesn't I'm really just looking forward to spending time with her.... and of course we started our weekend off with getting up at 4am (after only 2 hours of sleep) to watch the royal wedding ;) Let me just say Kate looked AMAZINGGGG <3


Happy Friday! Hope you all have a great weekend!


4 comments:

Lindsey said...

how exciting! enjoy your time with your mom - and i'm praying that kaylee makes an appearance this weekend for your families sake! how exciting!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

What an amazing surprise!!! Enjoy your time with your mom girl! :)
Glad you were able to watch the exciting wedding, and yes, Kate sure looked amazing!

Happy Friday.

xoxo

Nicole said...

just came across your blog - love it! i too, live in pa and am expecting our first baby any day now. best of luck to you! looking forward to a new friendship.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Have fun with your mom!!