Tuesday, April 12, 2011

This and That.. a very random blog post

I have been slacking in getting ready for Easter this year. And by slacking I mean I would normally have decorations out, a new outfit for church, and a basket already made for Vince... but this year? Nothing. I have done nothing for Easter. ( Maybe because part of me is wondering if I will even be home for Easter or maybe I will get lucky and be in the hospital having my baby girl a few days early ;) I doubt it, but I can dream. haha. )

Yesterday was 80 degrees and GORGEOUS outside. Today it's in the 50's and pouring down rain. When is the weather going to start staying consistently warm??

I want to go on a vacation. My mom and sister just got back from the Dominican Republic a couple of weeks ago and ever since seeing their pictures I have been daydreaming about going somewhere tropical. Clearly, with a baby coming in a matter of weeks (17 days till my due date to be exact).. that won't be happening anytime soon.

I have an amazing husband. I am very lucky and I don't say that enough to myself or to him... but really he would (and does) do anything for me and I can't imagine what I would do without him. (especially recently when I was having a few major freak outs (thank you hormones!).. he is the only person who knows what to say to make my worries go away)

Saturday is my sister's senior prom. I am clearly too far along in this pregnancy to travel out to Missouri right now and she completely understands that, but it still makes me so sad that I have to miss it. I have never missed any of her proms or homecomings in the past and I really wish I could be there to spend the day getting ready with her (BUT I did get to go dress shopping with her and help her pick out her dress). Plus, I will be out there at the end of May for her graduation and I can't wait to be able to introduce her to her very first niece :)

I went the entire pregnancy without ever getting on any of the baby boards.. until now. This past month for some reason I decided to log on to The Bump and start reading the 3rd Trimester and April Mom boards, and now I am addicted to them. I have never posted anything, but I do read almost all of the other questions and such that other people post about. The thing is I think it does more to confuse me than it does to actually help. All of the comments and "advice" just have me over analyzing every single feeling or labor sign.. I really need to just stop reading it. It will happen when it happens, no point worry about it.

I need some new recipes. When we first got married I tried all kinds of new meals, now I feel like I am getting into a rut with my cooking. Partially because it's easier to just make something I already know how to make, but mainly because I have just been lazy about it. I need to start looking for some new things to make (but they have to be quick meals since I won't have lots of time for cooking once the little one is here).. if anyone has any good ones please pass them on ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenna : ) I just saw your sweet, sweet maternity pictures at your friend Kate's blog. I came over to say hi and wish you all the very best! I live outside of Philly also so as I type this I hear the rain pouring down the window... Yesterday was too fantastic. The kids were playing with water balloons and a hose. Good luck with your new baby!