Monday, August 15, 2011

Getting used to Daycare (and some cute Kaylee pictures)

This is now my third week back at work and I am happy to say it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Now please don't get me wrong I would LOVE to be at home with Kaylee instead, but I had been completely dreading going back to work and now that I am back I'm surprisingly ok with it.

I think it's mainly due to the fact that she has been doing SO good at daycare. I was really nervous about leaving her there all day long, and cried like a baby the first day I dropped her off (which was a tad embarassing, but oh well). Thankfully though each day has gotten a little bit easier.

We looked into all kinds of different daycare options while I was pregnant and ended up choosing to go with a family friend who has an in-home daycare where she watches about 4-6 kids depending on the day. She will only take one infant at a time (so we met with her awhile ago to make sure to hold the spot) and then she has one 1 year old and the others are between 2-5. She watched Vince's nephew for a couple of years when he was younger and her daughter works for my mother-in-law so we know the family and know that she will take good care of our baby while we are working. 

I love that when I go to pick her up I can hear her talking or laughing while watching the older kids play. Kaylee is the youngest baby there and from what I have heard from a couple of the other moms is that the other kids argue over who gets to play with her during the day. I like knowing that she isn't just sitting there starring at a wall or something and is actually being entertained and played with. (plus the lady who is watching her has been great and doesn't mind that I am a crazy mom and call all the time just to check on her haha) So far I have never gone to pick her up and found her crying or upset at all and that is a huge relief to me. Plus it gives me something to look forward to every single day when I know I will get a huge smile from her when she first sees me :)

I also have to admit that it is kind of nice getting out of the house and just being with adults some too. Again, I obviously miss her a ton every day and would love to be with her, but I am working I'm just grateful that she is doing well and being taken care of by someone I trust.

That's really all I have to say about that, for now at least haha... but I also wanted to share a couple of cute pictures I took of the little lady this weekend ;)




Happy Monday!

No comments: