Tuesday, August 16, 2011

no sleep + no caffeine = randomness

After almost 3 weeks of Kaylee sleeping 8-10 hours straight every night, she has all of a sudden started waking up again the past three nights and I am exhausted. So, because my mind is still half asleep and I haven't had any caffeine yet today this post is all over the place. Just a bunch of randomness that I woke up thinkng about...
******

I wish Kaylee would take naps with me. I know it's probably a good thing that she would much rather sleep in her own bed, but there are times I would love to just curl up and go to sleep with her. I've tried to wait until she is really sleepy and then lay down with her, but the moment I do her eyes immediately open and any hope I had for napping is out the window. So I've given up on that (for now, maybe it will be different when she gets older) and just let her sleep on her own, at least that way I can nap sometimes too.

I need to go shopping. I am seriously in major need of new clothes. Other than a couple of random shirts here or there or some outfits I got as gifts, I haven't bought new clothes for myself in well over a year. Now part of that is because I was pregnant this time last year, but still I think I deserve to go shopping and invest in a few new things.  Right?

Over the weekend I decided it was finally time to start getting some pictures I have taken of Kaylee printed instead of just letting them sit on my camera. My intention was to just get a few.. well after a couple of hours of sorting through them I ended up ordering over 400 prints! No joke. I didn't even know I had that many pictures. To be fair though, some are doubles because I wanted to give some to both my mom and Vince's mom, but still. That's a lot of pictures. So last night once I had them all organized I put them in albums and marked down her age or where we were next to some of them. I'm so glad I did it, I'm going to try to keep up with putting them in albums every few months at least for the first year. It's just amazing to see how much she has changed when you back through all of them :)

On Friday my baby sister will be leaving for college and officially be a Freshman at Ole Miss. (wish I could say she was going to be a HOKIE like me, but whateverrr.. haha kidding, sort of) I still can't believe she is that old already! I am SO excited for her. College was definitely an adjustment for me at first and I had to get use to being away from home, but once I did it seriously was the best 4 years of my life. I know she will love it too and it make so many amazing memories. Good luck Sammie, I love you <3

Speaking of college... yesterday Vince and I opened up Kaylee's college savings account. I know she is only a few months old, but she will be 18 before we know it and I want to make sure we have that put away for her. Vince and I were both very fortunate in that both of our parents paid for our colleges and we didn't graduate with lots of loans. We were able to pick whatever school we wanted in state or out of state and I want to be able to give that same gift to our kids one day. So, starting now I am officially savings for my kids college (and wedding one day too haha). Man, when did I get so old??? lol.


That's all I've got for today. Have a good one! :)

No comments: