Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday

First off I am most thankful right now that it's almost the weekend. Thanks to the little miss who has decided this week that 5am is time to start the day I have been exhausted and am looking forward to relaxing this weekend!

I am also thankful for lunch dates with Vince. Now that I am back at work we've been able to get back to our occasional lunch dates which are a perfect way to break up the work day and get a little us time again :)

I know I said this already this week, but I am SO very thankful that Kaylee seems to be enjoying daycare. She has made this transition back to work a whole lot easier on her previously worried mama.

I am thankful that the window treatments we ordered for our house about a month ago are finally in and being installed tomorrow. Sleeping in a bedroom with no blinds or curtains or anything is not making it easy to ever sleep past sunrise. (yes Kaylee does sometimes let us sleep in.. just wish it was more often ha)

I am thankful that Vince is getting done work early today and going grocery shopping for me, because grocery shopping with an almost 4 month old? Not always so easy.

I am thankful it's almost fall. I do love summer time, but fall is by far my favorite time of the year.

I am thankful that for my best friends wedding she asked 2 of us to be her maid/matrons of honor. It is much more fun planning stuff her with another person rather than just one person handling it :)

Lastly, I am EXTREMELY thankful that after a few months of ups and downs and trying all kinds of formulas and different medicines for Kaylee's colic and acid reflux issues.. we have finally found what seems to be the right thing for Miss K. She is now much more often the smiling, cooing, happy baby we always knew she was ;) 


** side note please don't judge me for formula feeding. If I hear one more person say that if I had breastfed she wouldn't be having problems, I'm going to scream. For the record I wanted to breastfeed, it just wasn't an option for us.  

2 comments:

Kate Neal Photo said...

I love your sidenote. I am scared to see what kind of mom reactions I have when someone tries to utter advice WITHOUT my asking, lol-True story;o) I just like to send positive thoughts/comments, so I'm glad she is doing better!

Unknown said...

isn't it amazing how insensitive people can be when it comes to how you're parenting?? i've heard a million negative comments about my breastfeeding too.. but both my sister in law & co worker breastfed and their babies HAD colic, from what i've seen/heard colic can affect any baby. as long as kaylee is happy & you and vince are happy that's the best!!