Friday, November 27, 2009

Busy Holiday

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Here's a quick recap on our very busy, but very good Thanksgiving.

  • Wednesday night we went to Vince's brother's house and didn't get home until about 2am, it was a lot of fun, but we were very sleepy the next morning ;-) Here's a couple of pics from the night.. 

(all the boys)


 
Lauren (my soon to be sister-in-law) and I, she was such a good hostess :)

  • On thanksgiving all of the guys in Vince's family have a tradition of going on their "rounds" (they go around to some family members homes and have an appetizer at each and wish them a happy thanksgiving), so this year they stopped at our house too. I made a hoagie dip (or I guess "sub dip" for those of you who don't know what a hoagie is lol) and it was a BIG hit with the guys and SO easy to make.. you have to try it!


(cut up 3 lunch meats and 2 types of cheeses (you can use whatever kind you want, but I used turkey, ham, salomi, provolone, and american cheese) and then add some chopped up onion and lettuce, and season with salt/pepper/oregano and mix everything together with miracle whip. SO good!)

  • While Vince and the rest of the guys finished going to everyone's homes I worked on putting up some more Christmas decorations around the house :)

the foyer



(the family room tree, I still have to decorate the one downstairs...  the little blue stocking is Ty's lol)


(part of the outside decorations, we still need to hang all the wreaths on the windows and put up lights)

  • After that everyone met at my in-laws house and had an awesome dinner! (with some amazing desserts!) There was about 30 people at dinner, so it was a little crowded but so nice to have everyone there <3
  • Around 11 last night we finally made it to bed and took a nice little nap before getting up at 3am for BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING! :) We were successful in getting the things we really wanted, but didn't stay out too long because Vince was not enjoying all the long lines and crazy traffic (he was definitely a black Friday first timer... but props to him for even getting up that early to go with me lol) I then stopped by the office to do a few things and then went back out to do some more shopping ;)

So like I said it has been busy, but fun too! The rest of the weekend will be filled with lots of fun things as well.. tonight we are going to Longwood Gardens and getting dinner with one of my best friends from college and her boyfriend. Tomorrow we are celebrating our anniversary by going out to dinner and then staying at The Desmond (where we had out wedding) and Sunday we are going to the EAGLES game! (10 yard line, 4th row seats.. it was my anniversary gift to vince haha) So I am sure I will have lots of fun pictures to post on Monday :)

Hope you all have a great rest of the holiday weekend!

2 comments:

angela.kolachny said...

yeaaaaaaaaa! your house looks wonderful!!! I love Ty's little blue stocking:o) Wow Vince you got a great anniversary gift! Jenna you go girl! That's awesome! You'll have so much fun!!!

holly-lynn said...

that dip looks yummy! happy anniversary!!