Friday, November 13, 2009

My First Award :)



My new friend Kelly (whose blog I love and read every day) at Keeping Up with Kelly & Co was so sweet and gave me my VERY FIRST BLOG AWARD! Work has been crazy the past few days and this just made my day yesterday!

So the rules for this are to list 10 interesting facts about myself, however since I am at work right now (and not supposed to be blogging.. oops!) I am going to make this a little quick and just write the first 10 random things that come to my mind about myself (it would probably take me awhile to think of anything all that interesting haha.. sorry! lol)

1. I am freak about holiday decorations. I LOVE them. I can't wait to cover my house inside and out in fun Christmas things :) actually... I already put up our artificial tree on Wednesday night (I know it's early, but I told you I am freak about this stuff) and can't wait to go buy a real one to put up too! lol

2. I love going out to dinner. No place in particular (even though mexican is my favorite type of food), but I just like getting to sit down and relax and have someone serve me food once in awhile rather than having to cook and clean up afterwards. I try to cook on week nights and just go out on weekends, but last night we went out a day early ;-)

3.  I used to want to be an orthodontist. I actually worked as an ortho tech in high school for about a year. I don't really know what made me  change my mind and decide I didn't want to do it, but I just knew it was not for me. (even though those pay checks would have been nice haha) But I am glad I didn't because I actually really like my job now and think it's a good fit for me.

4. I am in love with my Jeep. I like all Jeeps. I used to have a liberty and recently upgraded to the Grand Cherokee. Today it is getting an oil change so I am driving my husbands car and it made me realize I don't think I can ever go back to driving a small car, I need to be in an SUV.

5. I want a family. Not right now (even though my mother-in-law would love for it to be now), but someday in the near future. For now, I am happy with just being me, Vince, and Ty and we aren't planning to start trying for a while, but I do already know exactly what I want our nursery to look like ;-)

6. I am constantly changing my hair. I don't know why, I guess I get bored.. but I have always had the mentality that it's just hair and if I do something crazy to it and don't like it, it will always grow back. So, it has been red, brown, blonde, and plenty of shades in between. (my natural color is a dark blonde haha)

7. Blue and Brown are my two favorite colors to decorate with. My wedding was all silver, blue (it was called "ice blue" actually), white, and of course a little black bceause of the guys tuxes. The christmas tree I just decorated is all done up in  blue and silver, because my family room is brown and blue and I wanted it to match... you get the point haha

8. One of my favorite ways to spend a Friday evening is curled up on the couch with my husband (and our puppy curled on my lap), a glass of wine, and a good movie. (all of course after going out to dinner)

9. I am excited for it to be winter because that means we get to go on our weekend trips to Vermont to go SKIING :) even though I can't stand the C O L D, being able to ski makes it worth it!

10. and last but not least.. I am absolutely obsessed with my dog. He is spoiled rotten, but I love him to death... and really, what's not to love?


(I know it's blurry, but it was on my camera phone)

6 comments:

Madeleine said...

YAY that's exciting!! :)

angela.kolachny said...

*round of applause for your award* just thought I'd add that special touch:o) we all love ty, he's the best! and speaking of movies, I think you me and Kait should do a wine and movie night soon:o) happy Friday!

Lulu in D.C. said...

Yea! So exciting! I will definitely let you know how the camera works out! Hope you have a great weekend!

Kelly said...

Great Top 10 :-) Glad to hear that someone else has their decorations up way early too! We're putting ours up this weekend, CAN'T WAIT! Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

L said...

Cute post! And I've been dying to and might put up our fake tree now because now I can say theres somebody else has with theirs up, in my defense to early decorating ha! And is he a maltipoo or what breed? He looks like my dogs twin lol! Take care =)

Beth Dunn said...

Congrats on your award! We ski in Stratton what about you? Love your list. xoxo

SC