Friday, January 8, 2010

Longest Week Ever

I can't even explain how glad I am that it is finally the weekend. It has been an extremely long and emotionally draining week and all I can say is TGIF!



I am so looking forward to a relaxing evening tonight. We are meeting one of my best friends and her husband out for dinner and drinks. They just moved back home after 7 years of being gone and I really could not be more excited to have her back in my life! (we have done a really good job of keeping in touch the whole time, but it's not the same as being able to get together whenever we want.. so it will be a nice change!) And then Vince and I will be going home and maybe watching a movie, or maybe just going to bed early for the first time in a week.

Tomorrow night Vince's work is having a party for his boss who is leaving. (which sounds to me like a good excuse to go buy a new outfit tomorrorw?!) His work doesn't normally have get togethers or parties outside of the office, so I have only met his co-workers when I have stopped by to say hi (maybe twice in the past year haha) or met him for lunch. So, I am hoping it will be a good time and a chance to actually meet everyone and not be one of those awkward work parties (you all know what I am talking about!).

And Sunday we are going to church and then we might go to a movie, we might go to lunch, or we might just do nothing at all... not sure yet, but I do love days with no real plans :)

Happy Friday!





3 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like you have a great weekend ahead of you! That's awesome your friend is moving back. Hope you have fun at dinner tonight!

Amanda of Shamelessly Sassy said...

Sounds like the perfect excuse for a new outfit for me (and accessories, too!)

Michelle said...

I love days without plans either, they turn into the absolute best days!! Cute new background for your blog!