Sunday, January 31, 2010

Easy Appetizers

One of my best friends (and former big sister in my sorority) and I were chatting yesterday afternoon and she said she needed a couple of quick and easy recipes for some appetizers for a party she is going to. So I gave her two of my favorite (and REALLY easy) ones and figured I would share them with you too :)

The first one is just a corn salsa and all you do is mix the following 4 ingredients: 
1 can black beans (drain and rinse)
1 can yellow corn
1/8th cup of italian dressing (I like the zesty italian dressing) 
and then add salsa, I start with about a 1/2 cup and then usually add a little more as long it doesn't make it too runny. 

Then serve with fritos scoops. 
(like I said, super easy and really cheap to make!)

The second is one of my personal favorites and every time I take it somewhere I always gets lots of compliments. I actually made it last night for a game night we had at our house, so I have a picture of it too. 

Wasabi Dip: 
start with a block of cream cheese and cut in half (the long way) 
then spread a layer of wasabi** on one half and then place the other half on top like sandwich
cut a cucumber in really thin slices and put in a circle around the cream cheese
pour soy sauce on top of the cucumber slices (so that some of it runs down onto the cream cheese too)
Then sprinkle some seaseme seeds over everything


Serve with water crackers. (put some the cream cheese/wasabi on the cracker and then place the cucumber on top of that) 

**For the wasabi, there are a couple different types and you can really use whatever you want, but I have tried it a few different ways and this is the type that I like the best (you can usually find it in the Asian food aisle of any grocery store


It really is SO good, definitely give it a try!

3 comments:

holly-lynn said...

mmm i love black beans, i'm definitely going to try that salsa one for the superbowl!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I might have to try this!!

Miss Chelsea said...

I am saving this wasabi recipe!