Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Fishy Christmas Eve

I still can't believe today is Christmas Eve already! This month just flew by! Last night my grandparents, parents and sister all got into town and we were up way too late catching up (especially since I had to come to work early this morning for a meeting) Yep, that's right I am working on Christmas eve. Fun. But it will be a short day and I am getting all kinds of cute Christmas goodies from my coworkers so at least it's not too bad haha. 

Tonight we are all going to Vince's parents house to celebrate Christmas with his whole family and then going to a late service at church afterwards. His family is Italian and they do the whole "Feast of the 7 Fishes" for Christmas. (yea apparently all Italian families do that as a tradition for Christmas, I didn't know that until I met vince) Well I am not big on seafood and they have to make 7 different types... so I will eat a little shrimp and scallops wrapped in bacon, but other than that it's not my favorite meal ever. Luckily one of Vince's brothers isn't a seafood fan either, so a couple of years ago his mom started making him and I our own pot of sauce and meatballs so we can eat too haha. (Everyone else has a clam sauce for their pasta that night to count as another fish item..I have a feeling my sister will be eating some of my sauce of meatballs too lol) 

Even though the 7 fish thing wouldn't be my first choice for dinner, I do love holiday traditions and getting to go over with the whole family for Christmas Eve. And besides tomorrow I am making dinner (my first time to host Christmas dinner for the family) and I get to make what I want to eat haha. So anyways, I hope you all are getting to spend the next couple days with your family and loved ones and are enjoying some of your favorite holiday traditions together. 

Merry Christmas blog friends <3



2 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Merry Merry Christmas!!

Carrie said...

My family always makes cioppino on Christmas Eve - it's an Italian seafood soup with fish, shrip, crab, scallops, etc. It's so good! My step-dad is Italian, so maybe that's why the tradition started.

Happy to see you had a Merry Christmas!