Friday, December 4, 2009

"It's a Beautiful Day in this Neighborhood"

We bought our first house (well technically a townhouse) a year ago and I was so excited to move in and get to know all of our neighbors. It was a brand new development which was nice because everyone was new and there weren't a bunch of clicks already formed. Everyone is pretty close in age and a lot are newly married/engaged, some have kids and some don't, but everyone is so nice and so much fun! There is constantly someone having  a party or a get together. (One of my favorites was over the summer, we actually did an "around the neighborhood" party and went to about 12 houses and had a drink and appetizer at each (the kids were all with their grandparents for the night) and everyone was up and hanging out till past 3am. haha)

Last night one of the ladies up the street had one of those Party Lite parties and it was really nice to just relax and hang out for a couple of hours with all of the girls in the neighborhood. When I got home I was talking to Vince about how fun it was and was also thinking about how glad I am that we chose to buy a house here. I have been in a hurry to move and get a bigger house, and we still don't plan on staying in the townhouse too much longer, but I guess I never really appreciate that this has been a great starter home and great place to spend our first year married. We have been lucky to have such wonderful and friendly neighbors, it has made this past year so much fun. No matter where or when we end up moving, I think a part of me will always love this place <3


oook so enough with that sappy stuff.. I hope everyone is having a fabulous FRIDAY! My company is hosting a big holiday party tonight for our clients in Philadelphia. I have been helping to plan it and it should be a really good time. I am getting ready to head home to get changed (still not sure what I am wearing though?!) and then off to the city to help set up, but I hope you all have a great weekend! :)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

That sounds like a great community! I don't really know my neighbors very well. Most of them are older than Nick and I. I would love to have a an around the neighborhood party and have girls' night with the neighbors!

Kelly said...

We just moved into a brand new townhome complex last year too and we love our neighbors, though most of them are older but still so much fun. One of the couples we hang out with once a week, they could drink us under a table any day! Haha! Sounds like a fun weekend, have a good one! :-)

Jamie said...

So envious! Your parties sound like a lot of fun. I want a cool neighborhood like that. My husband and I are in serious need of couple friends. Hopefully, when we move into our home, there will be some couples around our age.