Monday, December 14, 2009

Things that make me happy :)

Vince and I were in Vermont skiing this weekend and I didn't take my laptop so I was just now catching up on everyone's posts from the weekend and I found that I got a new blog award:



I received this from Katie who is a friend from high school who pretty much got me interested in blogging because I enjoyed reading her blog so much! So a big thanks to katie... and to everyone else make sure you check out her blog :)

Now my job is to list 10 things that currently make me happy... so here they are (in no particular order):

1. The fact that Christmas is NEXT week! Can't believe how soon it is :)

2. Dunkin Donuts Chai Tea. I am not a coffee person, but I LOVE tea and Vince and I both have recently become obsessed with this!

3. Gas card for work. I love that I don't have to pay for gas anymore, it used to always frustrate me how expensive it is and now I couldn't even tell you how much it costs haha.

4. Trying new recipes. I really do get excited when I find a different recipe to try and it turns out good.. sometimes I even do a little dance around the kitchen ;-)

5. Our new family room furniture. Last week we bought a new sectional couch, 3 of the seats recline (love it) and it is SO comfortable. We also got a new coffee table that the top lifts up which is nice for when we eat in there (which of course we never do ;-)



 


6. Weekends. All of them. I pretty much live for the weekends.

7. My sister. I love how much closer we have become as she has gotten older. She is one of my best friends and one of the first people I call with good or bad news. (and on that note, I should say my whole family. I really couldn't ask for a better one)

8. My friends. I have some of the best friends possible. Some have been there since way back in elementry school and some I didn't meet until college, but I don't know what I would do without each and everyone of  them. They can all make me happy anytime<3

9. Reality TV. It makes me laugh and I get excited to relax in the evenings to watch it. For example last night the new season of the Kardashians came on and it made my night :) Plus I have been seeing commercials for a new season of the Bachelor which I am seriously obsessed with watching! haha

10. Coming home to Vince and Ty. As cheesy as it may sound it's true. No matter if I had a good day or a bad day, there is nothing else that makes me happier than just coming home and spending the evening with both of them curled up on the couch. I love it, and it makes me super happy <3

So now I need to pass this award on to bloggers whose posts make me happy. Since there are so many of you I decided to pick 3 of my fellow Hokies and Sigma Kappa sisters whose posts are always filled with cute pictures and lots of great holiday ideas :)

Madeleine at http://whatabigtodo.blogspot.com/

Michelle at http://littlethingsxoxo.blogspot.com/

Holly-Lynn at http://heartcourageandbrain.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Madeleine said...

YAY!! I've been waiting for your Monday post to show up on my reader alll morning - and now I am even more excited!! :) Thanks, Jenna!

Aubrey said...

Just wanted to say hi. I'm a new follower via Katie giving you this award.

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I'm glad you did this!

I LOVE the coffee tables that flip up towards you for ::cough:: the purpose ONLY of writing cards, doing work, etc...not ::cough:: eating dinner out in the living room. :)

We totally do this all the time. It wonderful making your own rules, huh? haha

and your couch is sooo nice....! but good luck when you have kids with that crispy white thing ;)

Carrie said...

I'm so excited for the new season of the bachelor! I don't know about Jake though. I loved him at the beginning of The Bachelorette, but then he started coming off cheesy and fake. No matter what I'll be watching. I haven't missed a season yet!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Love your blog! The season premiere of Kardashians was sooo good last night and I cannot wait for the bachelor to start!

holly-lynn said...

THANKS Jenna! I can't wait to do this!

Michelle said...

Thanks girl!! Post to come soon! Can't wait! :)