Tuesday, December 29, 2009

my new toy

Like I mentioned in my last post my husband was so sweet and got me a fabulous gift for Christmas, a Nikon digital SLR camera. I have had multiple digital cameras, but am never very happy with them so I have been looking at upgrading to an SLR for awhile and was so excited when I opened my gift Christmas morning. (he even got me an extra lens and a bag for it)



Since we were really busy over the holiday with family I didn't get a chance to play with my new camera at all. So, I am just now sitting here reading the guide, learning about all of the settings, and taking pictures of random things around my house haha.

 
 

Right now I am still using the original lens, I haven't even taken the other one of the box yet.... figured I should learn how to work this one first haha. So far I really love the camera, it's so much better than my other one. (which will still be nice to have when I got out and don't want to lug around a huge camera lol)

So if you don't have a digital SLR camera, then I highly recommend getting one.. I have had it less than a week and I am already obsessed. And if you do alreardy have a camera like this, then any advice/suggestions you can give me on how to take the best pictures would be greatly appreciated ;-)

2 comments:

angela.kolachny said...

I am SUPER jealous!!!!!!!!! I've wanted one forever, think I might need to just make that investment, the pics are just gorgeous with it!! Have fun!!!

Carrie said...

What a great gift! I've been using the Nikon Coolpix for years and would love to upgrade to a nicer camera. You'll have great pictures!