Saturday, December 5, 2009

Winter Wonderland :)

We got our first snow of the year today and it looks SO pretty outside :) (Thankfully though I was able to go to lunch with Ang and do a little more Christmas shopping before it started sticking, because I seriously hate driving in the snow!)


(view from our deck)

So since Vince is out of town for the night and I don't want to drive anywhere in the snow, I decided to do some more Christmas things around the house :) I wrapped some gifts and put them under our tree, I added a few finishing touches to our second tree downstairs, and I found a fun way to hang our Christmas cards as we get them during the next month.

 


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..



our 2nd tree in the basement :)






This tree has more traditional colors and is where we hang all of our favorite ornaments. These are just some of the ones we got last year at our wedding from family and friends. The one of the right is probably my favorite of all of our ornaments.. its says "Your heart will always lead you home" and "new home 2008" is on the ribbon. <3



We will continue to add more cards to the ribbon as we get them :)


I plan to spend the rest of the evening curled up with Ty and watching a couple good movies. Hope you all have a great night!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I thought of you when we were watching the Pitt/Cincinnati game today-- looked COLD with all of the snow falling! Your decorations are way cute, and so is Ty! Hope your weekend is going well :-)

Lulu in D.C. said...

Jay and I came home and were so excited about the snow! It was so pretty! Also, on our bed Friday night was that Lenox cake ornament for "Our First Christmas" from my mom! Your house looks beautiful! I can't wait to decorate ours..but I have to wait for our carpet to be redone this week. I need to get back to blogging...I have been so busy lately!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I cannot believe all your snow already! And Ty looks like he is super excited for all the beautiful decorations!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

wait...how are you hanging those christmas cards?!?! I want to do something cute!

Carrie said...

I hate driving in the snow too. Last year when we got an unusual 9 inches I had Nick be my chauffeur. ;)

I love your idea for displaying your Christmas cards, so cute!

Jamie said...

Ty is too cute! And I like the sliver and blue christmas tree. It just gives off a pretty vibe!

Madeleine said...

ooh i am so jealous that you guys have TWO trees!! the more to decorate, the more fun!! :) you're house looks so cozy and adorable! i love it!