Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Ty :)

Today is my little man's 1st birthday. When we first brought him home he was exactly 10wks old and weighed 1lb 2oz.. he was the size of a beanie baby (and that's how we came to name him Ty, since Ty makes beanie babies). It is amazing how quickly he became a part of our little family. I can't even imagine coming home everyday without seeing his cute face at the top of the stairs waiting for us or not waking up every morning to him curled up next to me.

We don't have any kids yet, so for now Ty is our baby.. and really no matter how many kids we end up having Ty will always be one of our babies :) So to celebrate our little puppy growing up (he is a whole 4lb 5oz now! haha) here are some of my favorite pictures of him throughout the year.


Ty's first day home


a little over 3 months old


6 months and getting ready for his first flight to Missouri (and yes I took him on the plane with me, not in a cage underneath)


About 9 months 

 
Almost 11 months (just woke up and in desperate need of a haircut haha)


1 year and all grown up ;-)

8 comments:

Kelly said...

WHAT a cutie! :-D I bet you just want to eat him up, haha. Don't you just love pets??

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

happy birthday ty! Pets are the best...is he a super playful little guy? Mine has soooo much energy. I was hoping it would die off, ya know...a little...but Mac is a year and a half now and is SO ENERGETIC! lol.

Ty just looks so calm!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

He's precious! What kind of puppy is he? He's exactly the type I imagine getting for us when we move into a bigger place!

angela.kolachny said...

HAPPY BDAY TY!!!!!!!!!! we'll have to research some dog cookie recipes for him!!!

Carrie said...

Happy belated birthday Ty!

Jenna said...

Hi jUst came over from Kelly's! Love your blog. Your puppy is precious! My dogs are my children too...we don't have kids yet either. I sometimes go a little overboard at babying them!! Have a great day!

Jamie said...

Oh my, i LOVE him. I want ten just like him!

holly-lynn said...

isn't it funny how they really become family? we both admitted we missed our dog while we were on vacation.