Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's almost C H R I S T M A S :)

I saw this list over at Gina's blog and I thought it would be fun to do since Christmas is only 2 weeks from Friday! (crazy how fast this month is going!)

1. Have you started your Christmas shopping? 

Yes I have! I am actually done other than getting a gift for my dad (and I do at least know what I am getting him) A lot of my gifts are even wrapped already :)

2. Tell me about one of your special traditions.
Ever since I can remember on Christmas Eve right before we go to bed my dad will read a story about the first Christmas and the birth of Jesus to all of us. He reads it every year right after we hang our stockings (that's another tradition- we don't hang them at my parent's house until Christmas eve) even though it was a kids book and we are grown up and I still love it. It's just something sweet and simple and it wouldn't seem like Christmas without it.

3. When do you put up your Tree?

Well typically my family puts up a tree right after Thanksgiving, but this year I had one up the week before Thanksgiving and one the week after :)

4. Are you a Black Friday shopper?

Yes. I love the craziness and excitement of it all. I don't really know why, but I actually like to get up WAY too early just to wait outside in the cold with a bunch of pushy mom's just to get things I don't really need haha. I guess to me it just marks the start of the holiday season haha. Plus, it's the first day that I allow myself to start listening to Christmas music 24/7 ;)

5. Do you Travel at Christmas or Stay home?
Both, it just depends on the year. Last year my grandparents bought the whole family tickets for a cruise that week as our Christmas gift, so we were actually in Saint Thomas on Christmas Day. This year we are staying home and my family is coming to stay with us. Either way I always have a great time and get just as excited, as long as my family is with me it doesn't matter where we are.

6. What is your funniest Christmas memory? 

hmm... not really sure.. I would have to think about that one and it's too late for me to want to think right now.

7. What is your favorite Christmas Movie of all time?

It's a tie between Christmas Vacation (just watched that tonight actually lol) or Jingle all the Way. They both get me laughing no matter what.

8. Do you do your own Christmas baking? What’s your favorite treat?
Hahaha... this is good questions considering my friend Angela and I just spent 3 hours in my kitchen making Christmas cookies... it was a rather interesting evening. (I will post about that later) But, no before that I have never baked anything for Christmas. I like cooking, but I am not the biggest fan of baking (and I am not very good at it either haha). I don't really have a favorite treat, I like lots of them :)

9. Fake or Real Tree?
Fake. I know that real tree's smell good and make it your house really smell like Christmas and there is something special about having a real tree versus just a fake one... BUT the real ones leave pine needles everywhere, plus you have to water them, and you have to hang lights on them (ugh, thats the worst!)... so this is the first year that I have given up on the real ones and decided to do just fake trees (with lights already on them.. yesss!). It's just so much easier.

10. What day does the actual panic set in to get it all done?
I actually don't usually panic about it, because I like to get everything done well in advance. However, I know when I have kids I may not be able to get it done as early so I might be more likely to panic at some point.


11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?

Nope not normally. (that might make me panic)

12. What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas?


Christmas night after gifts have all been open and dinner is done (and cleaned up).. we all just sit around, relax, and watch a good Christmas movie. It's a nice way to end the holiday :)


13. What Christmas craft do you like the best? 

decorating gingerbread houses

14. Christmas music? Yes or No, and if yes, what is your favorite song?
Heck YES! How can anyone not like Christmas music??? haha. hmm... what is my favorite song? That's hard because there are SO many I like! I guess if I have to pick my favorite would be Baby it's Cold Outside (the Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey version), I just think it's so cute and I love singing along to it. I also love Grown up Christmas list (there are so many versions and I like them all!), Hard Candy Christmas by Dolly Parton, and Christmas Shoes by Kenny Chesney (even though it makes me tear up!)
 

15. When do you plan to finish all your shopping? 
Sometime within the next few days.


 

Do you want to play along?Just simply copy and paste the questions into your blog, and then answer them.

Then tag 5 or more of your favorite blogs, and leave them a comment telling them they’ve been tagged.

When you post on your blog, please spread some Christmas Cheer, and leave a link back to the blogger who started the meme: Heather, at Top 10 Christmas 



I am not tagging anyone because I think EVERYONE shouLd do it! Come on, tell me about your Christmas ;)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

So cute and fun, had to do it myself too! :-) Can you believe Christmas Eve is in 2 weeks?? :-D

Carrie said...

Wow, I'm impressed you already have most your gifts wrapped! I don't have too much shopping left, but I haven't started wrapping yet. I will get on that tonight though!

Jamie said...

Cruise to St. Thomas for Christmas? Yes, please. That would be awesome.

And Christmas Vacation is one of the greatest movies! So, funny.