Friday, February 5, 2010

You know you are growing up when..

... you are glad it snows on the weekend and not in the middle of the week.


In a few hours from now we are supposed to start getting lots and lots of snow, and some of my coworkers were talking about how their kids were complaining that it wasn't snowing already so they could get the day off of school. It made me think about how much I used to love snow days as a kid... but these days, not so much. I dread it when they call for snow during the week, because all that means to me is that I have drive in it to work  (and I am not a fan of driving in the snow).

However, when they call for snow on the weekends I don't mind it so much. All snow means on a weekend is that I have an excuse to not go anywhere, and instead I can stay snowed in all day with my hubby and ty <3 Which sounds like a pretty perfect weekend to me ;)

(plus if I do want to go somewhere, vince doesn't mind driving in snow at all haha)

So cheers to a weekend filled with movies, relaxing, wine, making snowmen, hot chocolate (preferably irish), and watching the SNOW fall knowing I have no where to go :)


**To all you who are also dealing with this winter storm have fun, be safe driving, and try to stay warm!

6 comments:

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

It's definitely strange how adulthood changes your perception. I feel the exact same way!

angela.kolachny said...

agreed! I'm finishing a book of mine, starting another, watching two movies, cleaning and relaxing:o) hi to vince and ty for me, xo!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

jenna, I couldnt agree more...although I like a snow delay, a full day off for teachers is dreadful! (it must be made up, anyway!) So, the weekends are kind of nice...and honestly? I stock up on things we would want to snack on, drink hot cocoa, buy breakfast foods, and stock up on dvd's we've been wanting to see....and I LOVE IT. LOVE, love, love it. Enjoy the weekend with your hubby and the dog, and I'll do the same :)

Neely said...

Your weekend sounds amazing...I plan to indulge in a few glasses of wine myself :) Have a great weekend girlie

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I was thinking the same thing earlier! Be safe if you have to go anywhere.

Marian said...

We've gotten so much snow here. ANd I am in the same boat as you. Just an excuse not to go ANYWHERE:) GOnna love this weekend