Sunday, March 14, 2010

My first tattoo :)

As I mentioned last week, my friend Amy was coming up this weekend to visit and we were getting tattoos together. It's something we have both talked about for awhile and really wanted to do together. Our other friend Ashley was supposed to go with us too, but found out last week she wouldn't be able to make it up this weekend... so I promised her I would still go with her soon to get hers too. (We actually had planned on all 3 of us getting them done when we all met up in DC last month, but we ended up deciding to wait until now) 

So now you're probably wondering what exactly we got and why.... 

Well we all went to Virginia Tech together and the year of the shooting we were seniors.. and to say it was a life changing experience would be an understatement. It's something that was obviously horrible and devastating and simply impossible to put into words, but at the same time it was something we went through together and it brought all of us closer, not only as a school but even closer with the girls who were already my best friends. 

It's something that really taught us just how precious life is and that since you never know what the future may hold you should always live each day to the fullest. We love Virginia Tech and we are proud to be Hokies, and we wanted something to represent that. 

We each chose to get something different.. Amy got hokie foot prints (aka hokie tracks), Ashley is getting the roman numerial for 32, and I wanted "live for 32" (because 32 people lost their lives that day)

SO, without further ado here are the pictures:

getting started (please excuse the frizzy hair, it was a very rainy day! haha)



Amy was sitting right by me getting hers too (and our friend Kristen came along too!)


ALL DONE!

(mine is on the inside of my left heel)

Amy's Hokie tracks :)


We had a really good time and are both so glad we did it! If you are thinking about getting a tattoo I would definitely say go for it! :) I was shocked at how quickly it was done (like 10 min!) and the pain was really not that bad at all!

The rest of the weekend was a lot of fun too, and I will post more pics from that later... but right now I am exhausted and going to be early for once! 

Hope you all had a great weekend :)

5 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, those are really great tattoos to get. It's something that you'll always remember and have meaning for.

Jenna said...

Wow how fun!! I'm not a fan of tattoos unless they mean something, I love these!!

Michelle said...

Both of those are so cute! SO proud to be a hokie :)

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

great tattoos! :) glad you went for it. i think i might be just a tiny chicken when it comes to that, but something cute and small...why not?! ;) haha.

happy monday girl. xoxo

Kelly said...

I LOVE your two tattoos! They are classy and simple and seem to have such a wonderful meaning behind them. I have huge university pride too so I can relate :-) Love the little Hokie tracks too! Way to go :-)