Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Everyone's Favorite Question..

I feel like ever since the moment Vince and I said "I do" everyone we know is constantly asking.. "when are you having babies?!" haha

I used to just answer by saying.. "we haven't talked about it yet, we'll wait at least a year or so and then we may start talking about when we want to start a family"..

Well lately, I have had multiple people point out that it's been almost a year and half now aren't we talking about it yet? 

If I ever go to dinner and don't order a drink... I always get the "OMG are you PREGNANT?!?!" haha... umm no... maybe I just don't want to drink today? lol.

and of course my mother-in-law would LOVE for us to have babies ASAP (I don't think we have been to her house one time in the past 6 months in which the whole baby topic hasn't come up haha)...  
I honestly don't mind everyone asking, I think it's kind of funny and I know it's all just part of being newly married.. but to answer everyone's question: YES we are talking about it, BUT as of this moment we are not trying yet.

Obviously having a family is something we both want and something we talk about (a LOT).. but we just haven't decided to start trying for a baby right this second. First off, we are currently trying to sell our house.. and if we do sell it we will probably end up staying at his parents house while we wait to settle on our new house. And even though I love my in-laws very much, I don't really want to be pregnant while I am staying with them. haha. Not to mention who wants to be pregnant while trying to move into a new home?! 

We only plan on keeping our house on the market until probably June, because it's kind of a pain keeping it perfect all the time for showings and we really were just putting it up to see if we get any good offers. We have no reason why we need to move, we just want a single home instead of the townhouse.. but really there is no rush. So we talk about if we don't sell and take it off the market in June, then maybe shortly after that we will start trying.. maybe..

Another reason we are waiting a little bit is because Vince is really bored with his job right now. He has been there a couple of years and has been promoted a couple times and at this point there is really no where else for him to go with it. So he has been looking into a couple of other jobs and has just lately started getting things in the works for that (I will say more about that later, I don't want to jinx it!). When we got married we  both said we wanted to be happy and set in our careers before starting a family, so I am finally doing a job I really like and now we just want to wait for him to get things settled with his. 

SO once we get things figured out with both of those issues.. then we will be ready to start trying. I mean we could sell the house tomorrow and Vince start a new position and we start trying immediately.. or it could take another 6 months or so. For now we just have to wait and see how it all plays out. 

and besides.. for right now we are both completely happy with Ty being our only baby ;)




8 comments:

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

No rush there!!! ;) :) Take your time and all...plus your baby looks already sweet and I'm sure isn't always so super cute looking like in this picture!!! :D haha! ;)

have a great day.

Katie S said...

I also hear it A LOT...And I have been married almost 7 years!!! Ty is ADORABLE!!!

Carrie said...

I can totally relate. It's funny how once you're married people ask you about when you're going to start having babies all the time. I don't mind it much, but it's crazy how often I'm asked about it!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I think a lot of people jump into having a baby and starting a family but it sounds like you guys have a great plan and that's always a great way to go about it!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Yea, lady--sounds like a good plan. I think its always good to have some sort of an idea, obviously, it doesnt always work that way, but still. Its a huge decision. HUGE. It took us until a little before our 2 year anniversary to decide it was time for us. When the timing is right you will totally feel it and you'll both have peace about it. Then, it will be perfect! When you do have questions/concerns..I'm always here ;) I get LOTS of people who email me with trying to conceive questions, using ovulation sticks, and all those weird little things. Anyway...excited that you guys are in the 'talking' about it mode...thats a good place :)

Aubrey said...

We're not even married yet, and people are acting like we should be getting pregnant tomorrow. Maybe because we've been dating 5 years.

The thing is that having children is a huge HUGE commitment and change and responsibility.

Not something to take lightly. And I really think most people (my people at least) should realize that it's none of their business. And when (if) we decide to, we'll let them know.

angela.kolachny said...

Still waiting for the day when I get a phone call that Im going to be an aunt!!!! But I love Ty as my nephew too so it all works out:o) I have break next week, let's plan a day to catch up! Xo

Lulu in D.C. said...

Isn't it crazy! We get it too! And we just hit the 6 month mark. I am like, um hello! We are moving to a new city...I can't have a baby and no friends! haha. Enjoy this time with Vince!

I love keeping up with your blog Jenna. I had no idea your parents moved from PA! I am headed home to WC this weekend to get my hair done...but honestly before I move to CHI, I hope we can try to get together for lunch we I am home. It would be great to catch up! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!